Dxr10 level?

• Hi guys, sorry if this is a silly beginner question, but I'm a silly beginner so there you go!!!

I am looking for advice on the level settings you guys use on the monitor out on the kemper and the level on the monitor itself?

I was playing around with it at gig level last night a I was kind of 'fizz' on the high end on both clean and gain profiles. Kind of sounded like digital clipping. I did some tweaking and got it right, but then tweaked some more and lost it again!!

Apologies if this is incredibly obvious!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• been a long time since I read the manual but yesterday I did and I found this:

"Whenever the device connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) indicates too much level coming from the Profiler, or there is the need to set the Main Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the MAIN OUTPUT by 12 dB. This increases the range of the MAIN OUTPUT Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the MAIN OUTPUT. "

does anyone use this?

• been a long time since I read the manual but yesterday I did and I found this:

"Whenever the device connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) indicates too much level coming from the Profiler, or there is the need to set the Main Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the MAIN OUTPUT by 12 dB. This increases the range of the MAIN OUTPUT Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the MAIN OUTPUT. "

does anyone use this?

Yep. With our older mixing desk I have to reduce Main Out to -20 db to avoid clipping. With our new Mackie DL32R I checked the option -12 db without cliping.