Wired IEM Help - Diagram included

• Any help would be hugely appreciated! I'll try and keep this nice & clear:

- I play guitar through a powered Kemper Rack & traditional Cab
    - we're running our own IEM set up through ableton
    - this produces a mix which includes the click, backing track & my live vocal
    - I intend to send this mix to my kemper and balance it with my guitar through the headphone out

• ad 1. parameter "Aux In >Headphones" in Output Section.
    ad 2. no, if you leave "Aux In >Monitor" at 0.

The picture doesn't show how you send you guitar signal to FOH. Hopefully you don't use a microphone in front of your guitar speaker cabinet. You should use MAIN OUTS via XLR to FOH. In this case you need to make sure, that also "Aux In >Main" is cranked down to 0. Otherwise you create feedback loop.

• ad 1. parameter "Aux In >Headphones" in Output Section.
    ad 2. no, if you leave "Aux In >Monitor" at 0.

The picture doesn't show how you send you guitar signal to FOH. Hopefully you don't use a microphone in front of your guitar speaker cabinet. You should use MAIN OUTS via XLR to FOH. In this case you need to make sure, that also "Aux In >Main" is cranked down to 0. Otherwise you create feedback loop.

what does the ad1. ad.2 section mean? I don't get wheat you're telling me to do?

I managed to get this working just fine, but can't seem to turn the level of my guitar sent to headphones down?

I've cranked the aux to headphones as loud as I can get it, but the guitar is still far louder?

• I think "ad1" just refers to "first point on the agenda" :)

If your AUX level is too low in relation to the guitar - turn down the rig volume instead :) This of course has to be done for each rig. I don't THINK there's a way to do this globally without also affecting the aux level.

ah man that really sucks! I have a whole set sorted with my band, god knows how many rigs!

anyone else know if there's a better way to bring my aux level up or my guitar level down to headphones only?

• Save yourself a LOT of trouble and just get a cheap mixer and send your Kemper signal and the monitor mix to that, then take your headphones from that mixer. You can't really use the Kemper as a mixer/monitor in the long run. It's pretty pointless. Not to mention the fact that you have to dig through menus to control just the basic headphone level. All you need is like a $39 (or your local currency) Behringer Xenix 502 mixer or something similar and you are set.

I have a mixer built into my rack with the FOH and KPA going into it. I also play keys, so all 3 signals come into that mixer, then the mixer out goes to my (wireless) IEM transmitter. Since the KPA has both XLR and TRS outs, you can send the XLR to the PA and the TRS to your personal IEM mixer. You can easily control the individual levels for yourself from there.

J

• Just one comment: Headphone Volume can be linked to Master Volume, while other outputs e. g. Main Outputs can be unlinked. This way you could send a steady level to FOH and have direct access to Headphone Volume via the MASTER VOLUME knob.

• You might try to find a better/different size tip for your iems to better cancel outside noise. If the iems themselves seem like they aren't loud enough (in general, not necessarily competing with your cab) you might look for a small headphone amp like Fios to boost them to an appropriate level.

• Save yourself a LOT of trouble and just get a cheap mixer and send your Kemper signal and the monitor mix to that, then take your headphones from that mixer. You can't really use the Kemper as a mixer/monitor in the long run. It's pretty pointless. Not to mention the fact that you have to dig through menus to control just the basic headphone level. All you need is like a $39 (or your local currency) Behringer Xenix 502 mixer or something similar and you are set.

I have a mixer built into my rack with the FOH and KPA going into it. I also play keys, so all 3 signals come into that mixer, then the mixer out goes to my (wireless) IEM transmitter. Since the KPA has both XLR and TRS outs, you can send the XLR to the PA and the TRS to your personal IEM mixer. You can easily control the individual levels for yourself from there.

J

for whatever reason the volume issue seems to of resolved itself! Curious still as to why you don't think the Kemper is a suitable long term solution? Is there a certains(s) limitations that you know it has that make it unsuitable?

• You might try to find a better/different size tip for your iems to better cancel outside noise. If the iems themselves seem like they aren't loud enough (in general, not necessarily competing with your cab) you might look for a small headphone amp like Fios to boost them to an appropriate level.

I have ACS custom mounds that fit like a dream, weirdly the issue seems to have resolved itself, no idea why but not complaining! Appreciate the advice though