Change rigs in Looper mode

• Hi. I`d like to know how to change rig after record a loop. For example I record a clean green bogner rig and after that I wanna jam with red Bogner rig. How can I do that ? Thanks.

• The looper location pre or post just sets where the looper sets in the signal chain. One will allow you to record a track with one rig and play another over it overdub. The other setting will change all when rig is changed. The way you use the looper stays the same... You need to go to looper mode then hit record and again to play etc. you can not change rigs without hitting looper mode button again to make them accessible again. Then you would need to hit looper mode button again yet to be able to control the looper. Best explanation I can give you. If you can see a loop playing and you are certain that you put something on the loop(played) when it was created and have no output that would be different.

• Hi all,

I get all of the above and i can do all that is said except I must be missing one thing - I cannot in anyway change the rig without stopping the loop itself.

i.e. i record a loop, press the looper button to exit the loop mode (reverting buttons 1 - 5 to their normal performance mode so to speak) but then when i change rigs it changes the sound of the loop to the rig recently chosen (yes, my loop position is output). This is not what i want obviously.

The only way i can get the result is to record the loop, STOP the loop, then exit loop mode and change rig which is obiousbly no good. perhaps i should upload a video showing this for clarity.

Edited once, last by Apiary: Ok, i think i figured something out. I had the alternative inputs plugged in so i could practice with tracks playing out my iPhone from an earlier time. When i removed the jacks from the back it seemed to work ok (although i do hear a slight change in tone when switching rigs). ().

• I don't understand your exact issue.

If Looper Locations is at Output I can even change the Rig while I'm recordng a looper track. When I then playback the track will start with sound Am, switch to B, C ...... So it is correctly played back as you hear it during the recording.

If your issue is, that you need to switch in and out of Looper Mode to change the functions of the buttons, you need to organize that differently. Either you assign the functions Looper Starte and Looper Stop to buttons e.g. LOOPER button does Looper Start instead of Looper Mode (which just toggles the functions of the buttons) and TAP does Looper Stop. Or you an external analog dual switch and assign Looper Start and Looper Stop to it.

This way you don't need to toggle between the two buttons pages.

• May be a misunderstanding.

Yesterday I updated my profiler with the new software version

I had some bugs and the support teams advised me to download an old version 8.6.6

(In fact, with the new version the profiler didn't detect a signal at all...)

And now, everything is ok (rigs, presets...)

But when I record a track with the looper with let's say à Marshall profile (e.g performance 2, rig 3)

I switch out to turn back to the regular screen and I switch let's say performance 2, rig 2 and the loop changes of profile.

And every time that I switch to another profile the loop is not the same.

Previously, the recorded track didn't change whatever the profile I used to jam during the loop was playing back

Do you understand?

• Or you use a external analog dual switch and assign Looper Start and Looper Stop to it.

This way you don't need to toggle between the two buttons pages.

oh gold, didn’t realise that we could do this 😁

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I find it more practical to just use an external looper pedal and put it in an effects slot. One thing nice I've discovered with the Kemper is that I can record a loop on one rig and then switch to/from another rig also utilizing an effects loop and the looper playback is seamless.