Fullrange Monitor suggestions?

• If you can hold out for a few months then I can tell you that there will be something that fits your requirements.

Spence, my friend, ....I am about to order the NX (would love a TT but it's way out of my budget and I'm also starting a new guitar project....). How many months, if you can tell, and is it going to significantly better then the NX?
    I assume you're not talking about the new Atomic stuff....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Spence, my friend, ....I am about to order the NX (would love a TT but it's way out of my budget and I'm also starting a new guitar project....). How many months, if you can tell, and is it going to significantly better then the NX?
    I assume you're not talking about the new Atomic stuff....

I'm afraid that I can't say anything more, there should be public info in a week or two after which point you can decide for yourself. I would say hold out if you can but if you need something right away then I'm sure that the RCF is a great speaker.

Regards

Spence

• I just bought an RCF NX12ma, tried it side by side with the RCF TT 25-ma for half an hour,
    the TT sounded better but not 850€ better in my opinion (I expected to be blown away
    by the TT in the comparison).

just one rehersal with it and my first FRFR solution but I'm pretty happy with it so far,
    this thing is LOUD and CLEAR, with the right profile the difference with a regular guitar cab
    is very little (at least a 1x12 or 2x12)

KPA + NX 12 is a very neat and light weight rig which is a plus for me

Fabio

• hey there, if the price difference was just 850,-€ that might have been a pretty good deal on the tt 25 sma... where did you get it?
    i own one and i'm rather thrilled about it... if there's a similar deal on the tt08's, please let me know ;)

• I bought the NX 12-sma at Merula Magazzini Musicali, it's well known in north Italy

http://www.merula.com/

please note that on their website not all products are shown but they might have it anyway,
    however you can ask for a quotation via email

I paid it 1050€
    the TT 25 was around 1900€
    Fabio

• thanks for your quick response! well, that IS a good price for tt-stuff! looks like i should spend my next holiday in italy... or we can rent a kemper-bus and even get some group-discount... lol

• I'm afraid that I can't say anything more, there should be public info in a week or two after which point you can decide for yourself. I would say hold out if you can but if you need something right away then I'm sure that the RCF is a great speaker.

Regards

Spence

This is exciting, I look forward to seeing what it is.

• I finally decided on getting the QSC K12. It's quite compact, not too heavy (although there are still lighter alternatives) and sounds really good.
    It also has plenty of power for my needs and I like the fact that it has two separate inputs so I can run the KPA monitor out as well as my background vocals into it on small gigs. This saves me from carrying a second monitor box for vocals on these occasions.

• I'm afraid that I can't say anything more, there should be public info in a week or two after which point you can decide for yourself. I would say hold out if you can but if you need something right away then I'm sure that the RCF is a great speaker.

Regards

Spence

Hello Spence, do you have any updates on this.
    Thanks,
    Chris

QSC HPR122i - Sounds sterile IMHO, not great for modellers.
    RCF 312a - Didn't get on with this cab, sounded muffled and the composite cab didn't give a great guitar feel to me.

QSC - may not be good for modellers but is it any good for profilers?
    I disagree re the RCF - I tested MAckie/Yamaha/QSC/RCF/Wharfdale/QTX and any other FRFR active monitor I could find. RCF line was very transparent and if the composite casing made it less of a 'guitar solution' then ?( .....

The RCF 3 series is an excellent value for money solution

• I am about to decide for the new Yamaha DXR 10 (or 12), so I have 2 weeks left to return to the store. It is in the same range, but IMO sound a bit better than the RC312, clearer and more mids, but a bit more expensive. (around 550 € is my pricelimit). The other criterias for me are: The DXRs sound excellent with my acoustic and a AD3 preamp too, compared directly to an AER Compact 60 (I have not tried using the Kemper yet, as these needs some time for the EQ) And it has good small mixer with stereo link feature and the DXR10 is still portable with 14 kg.

• I am about to decide for the new Yamaha DXR 10 (or 12), so I have 2 weeks left to return to the store. It is in the same range, but IMO sound a bit better than the RC312, clearer and more mids, but a bit more expensive. (around 550 € is my pricelimit). The other criterias for me are: The DXRs sound excellent with my acoustic and a AD3 preamp too, compared directly to an AER Compact 60 (I have not tried using the Kemper yet, as these needs some time for the EQ) And it has good small mixer with stereo link feature and the DXR10 is still portable with 14 kg.

I tried the Yamaha DSR112 but couldn't see much (if any) difference between the RCF and the Yamaha. Interestingly there is no difference in a patch played back through Yamaha HS80s and the RSC. None. Except volume of course......

• I tried the Yamaha DSR112 but couldn't see much (if any) difference between the RCF and the Yamaha. Interestingly there is no difference in a patch played back through Yamaha HS80s and the RSC. None. Except volume of course......

I Need to add, that I decided to Return the Yamaha, as i was Not happy with the Sound at higher Volume Levels.