Fullrange Monitor suggestions?

• yesterday i was at rock shop in karlsruhe with a list of monitors i wanted to try, hoping to find a solution for about € 600.00 (hopefully) and an absolute limit of € 900.00
    i went out of the store spending 1100.00 for a box that wasn' t even on my list, the new line6 stage source L3t.
    loads of headroom, convincing sounds for amps of different characters and even a 4x12 like bottom punch feel for metal riffing. it can be run flat and in different eq settings (i tried the pa and the floor monitor modus). it also has ins and eq for acoustic guitar and mic, which was neither what i was looking for, nor making the decision, but a nice add-on. built as a tank, but very heavy (26 kos !)
    still liked it this morning ;)
    by the way: big "thumps up" for Dave at rock shop who went through nearly two hours of listening to mediocre guitar noodling, carrying different boxes and guitars with an unbelievable patience.
    got 14 days return option - if any news, i' ll let you know

• I saw the presentation of the L3t at the NAMM, but didn't know that they're out already. The specs sound nice, but 26kg would be too heavy for me to carry around all the time. At least for a monitor solution.

I think two of these + sub would also make a nice PA system for smaller venues. Right now we're using 2x db Opera 602D + subs which are although not as powerful as the L3t a really portable system especially since the Opera tops only weigh about 12 kg @ 600W each !!!

• yesterday i was at rock shop in karlsruhe with a list of monitors i wanted to try, hoping to find a solution for about € 600.00 (hopefully) and an absolute limit of € 900.00
    i went out of the store spending 1100.00 for a box that wasn' t even on my list, the new line6 stage source L3t.
    loads of headroom, convincing sounds for amps of different characters and even a 4x12 like bottom punch feel for metal riffing. it can be run flat and in different eq settings (i tried the pa and the floor monitor modus). it also has ins and eq for acoustic guitar and mic, which was neither what i was looking for, nor making the decision, but a nice add-on. built as a tank, but very heavy (26 kos !)
    still liked it this morning ;)
    by the way: big "thumps up" for Dave at rock shop who went through nearly two hours of listening to mediocre guitar noodling, carrying different boxes and guitars with an unbelievable patience.
    got 14 days return option - if any news, i' ll let you know

based on your report I daredto try one too and I like it - will probably return my QSC K10.

What is your setup?

90% of the game is half-mental.

• based on your report I daredto try one too and I like it - will probably return my QSC K10.

What is your setup?

hi - i use it in the horizontal way/lying on the floor, with the floor monitor setting. sounds quite nice - still very happy with it. i also have a 2x50 engl tube poweramp running into a jcm900 1960 marshall box. unless playing real loud metal settings, i prefer the line 6.

• Matrix q12a monitor which is very loud and with class a\b will decimate any monitor ie p.a wise. Miles better than say mackie 1221 or atomic stuff which are class D!! Or even better a matrix gt1000fx and 2x passive cfr12. Simply perfect.

• And a very basic question, while we're at it:
    Why is class D always estimated inferior to A/B?
    Isn't this myth?

It is absolutely a myth and feeds into the whole anti digital craze. People have often misinterpreted Class D to mean an amp is digital when in fact it only describes the method the switching is controlled. If nothing else, it is an absolute fact that Class D designs are way more efficient as compared to Class A/B designs.

• ck might be able to shed some light here, i assume they did not choose the worst available way of amplifying the kpa.

• +1 on this. Is the integrated DSP that some active box has that add latency, not the class D amp

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It is absolutely a myth and feeds into the whole anti digital craze. People have often misinterpreted Class D to mean an amp is digital when in fact it only describes the method the switching is controlled. If nothing else, it is an absolute fact that Class D designs are way more efficient as compared to Class A/B designs.

..... oh dear :(

• I JUST HAD THE LOCAL REP LET ME TRY THE NEW MACKIE DLM 12 , AT HOME TODAY. I ONLY GOT TO TRY IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS , AND UNFORTUNATLY COUDN'T TRY IT AT WITH MY BAND, BUT I MUST SAY I WAS PRETTY IMPRESSED. I ONLY HAD MY CURRENT STAGE SETUP ( PV CLASSIC 50/50 TUBE POWERAMP AND A PV 2/12 CAB W/85W CELESTIONS) TO COMPARE IT TO, BUT IT SEEMED TO HOLD UP QUITE WELL AND VERY LOUD. IT'S A COAX 12/ 1000WD POWERED CAB THAT CAN BE TILTED BACK LIKE A MONITOR. I WAS ABLE TO RUN IT FLAT AND ONLY ROLLED BACK THE MONITOR OUT BASS A LITTLE BIT. IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THE BEAMING OF A REG FRFR CAB AND THE CAB DIDN'T HAVE THAT HARD CLUNKY LOWEND I'VE EXPERIENCED WITH SOME PA CABS. :thumbup: I HOPE SOMEONE ELSE GETS A CHANCE TO TRY THEM AND CAN REPORT HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT IT.
    I'M HOPIN TO GET THEM NEXT WEEKEND TO TRY WITH MY BAND AND WILL REPORT BACK. :D
    STILL WANT TO TRY THE ATOMIC CLR , BUT NO HOW I'LL FIND ONE.