Scarlett/Focusrite 6i6 mk2 - help needed

• Ok, sorry. Missed that you already tried to get into safe mode.
    I'm afraid the last option before a complete reinstall would be to boot the Mac from a bootable USB flash drive. But this will have to be created on a running Mac (maybe some friend is willing to let you create such a pendrive on his Mac?

• Lightbox. Problem resolved. My mac is back in action. The reinstall did the trick and i did not lose any data. Message to Focusrite with my concerns sent!! There should be a clear warning on their Download Page that High Sierra users could encounter problems of this nature with the 6I6. its no use putting these issues buried away somewhere on their website. you only find them when you are trying to resolve the issue after its happened. thanks again for the help. Now onto try Damian Greda's Toast ME software!

• Hi @chriscav1

I'm very sorry to hear that you encountered some problems after installing some of our software. We're doing all that we can to investigate the issue you've mentioned, though we've also seen reports of this problem occurring with other software made by 3rd parties, it doesn't appear to just be our software that will occasionally do this on High Sierra.

If anyone else experiences this issue, please try following these steps:

- Boot into Recovery Mode on your Mac (hold CMD + R during boot up)
    - Select 'Disk Utility' from the list of options
    - Select your start up disk in the left sidebar
    - Click 'First Aid' at the top of the screen, then select 'Repair Disk'
    - Once that completes, try booting the computer normally

If you continue to have issues after that please contact us directly and we'll do all that we can to get you up and running: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Best,
    Jack // Focusrite Technical Support