Kemper vs. Real Amp Test - Cameron CCV

• Hey guys, I've been making some profiles of a Cameron CCV amp and decided to test the profile against the real amp. Listen below - One is the amp...the other the Kemper. Any thoughts?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• at first glance it is practically impossible to say which is which...this listening was done with speakers. will try with headphones but doubt the result is different

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I don't have the platinum ears that others do, but hell if I can tell the difference, hence I bought a Kemper.

P.S. Excellent choice in Dio. :thumbup:

Edit: I say #1 is Kemper, #2 is amp. #1 sounds tighter, #2 sounds muddier. I notice the Kemper tends to clean up high gain profiles a bit.

Edited 2 times, last by MementoMori ().

• The first sounds more compact and immediate to me. If one of the sounds is a Kemper profile of the other I would guess that the first is a profile of the second. I don't know the Cameron CCV but between the two the first sound seems more similar to how my KPA "usually" sounds. It's not far from a wild guess though. :D
    I think the palm mutes sound better in the second clip, other than that it's even.

• TBH The comparison is very easy - even if I'm not a fan of just guitar sound comparison. If You know how sounds Kemper and how Real Amps and miced cab you know what to listen.

1 - Kemper
    2 - Real Amp and miced cab

DI from Lasse?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• I'm going Kemper first, real Cameron CCV second, regardless which is which, I think the second sounds better to me.

Edit: On a second listen later I find the second one to sound quite a bit better, its more noticeable to me than before. Sounds a lot more "open" is the best I can describe it.

• The second sounds a tiny bit "tighter" to me, so I think that's the kemper.

• DI's are not from Lasse. He must have gotten them from the same place I did. A guy named Marcus on the Sneap forum created them.

• Sounds a lot more "open" is the best I can describe it.

:thumbup: wider, deeper, more organic, not that static on palmutes like Kemper (in this example 1 sample :D ). Now put both tracks in the mix and start mixing - nothing drastic just eq on guitars maybe + what is more important mastering process. When you make mix sounds louder you can simply hear also more. Same thing compared direct profile vs Real amp signal taken with Dibox connected between amp and cab.

Stay Metal!

• :thumbup: wider, deeper, more organic, not that static on palmutes like Kemper (in this example 1 sample :D ). Now put both tracks in the mix and start mixing - nothing drastic just eq on guitars maybe + what is more important mastering process. When you make mix sounds louder you can simply hear also more. Same thing compared direct profile vs Real amp signal taken with Dibox connected between amp and cab.
    Stay Metal!

Sin you want to hope we are right haha!