Kemper vs. Real Amp Test - Cameron CCV

• Seriously 'though, it would be fantastic if we were able to follow the team's progress on this. Only problem is it'd set a precedent if it were to provide a blow-by-blow account of its exploits, something I doubt it would do.

IMHO, therefore, the thread would turn into yet another "are we there yet, daddy?" speculation fest. :/

• back to topic (you lads realize that GString will lock this one down again, if you keep the off-topic posts going?).

I hope Dimi stays around and keeps us posted on what the Kemper lads find out regarding his issue.

• Agreed, Rook.

Short of creating that thread that I predicted would be doomed to speculation alone, the next-best option from our point of view must surely be for good ol' Dimi to keep us in the loop as to what he knows.

@Dimi84, are you willing to do this for us, brother?

• Dimi is one of the few constructive people on this thread, but defensive Kemperites have driven him to unsub from it, so hopefully he'll report back if anything substantive changes.

• If there's news, whatever they are, I can share with the people interested privately.

But I won't create new threads or post here relating to topic. Just don't feel positive doing so (feel free to do so if you like of course, either way).

Also, as I said before too, thanks to kemper team for taking my experience seriously, even if ultimately I'm to blame for such results.

Cheers

• I don't know of a way to unsubscribe/ignore a thread on this forum. Please share the method (in a new thread) :)

Hi Paul,

I am hoping no one will mind a quick reply to you directly, in this thread...

Look towards the top of the page, on the same line as "Unread Posts, Undone Threads, Watched threads", but over to the far right. On the far right, you will see three icons. Hover you mouse cursor over the the left-most of the three icons, and you will see the pop-up text "Manage Subscriptions". If you click on this icon, you can Subscribe or Unsubscribe to the specific thread.

Cheers,
    John

• Indeed, kudos to the team, Dimi... and to you, brother, for remaining steadfast-and-gentlemanly throughout your extensive testing-and-experimenting period.

I wouldn't be too worried about sharing what's happing in the private forum, mate. Everyone knows you're a stand-up fella of good character, and now that the engineers are looking at it, it's not like anyone can say you're making the issue up. Many have confirmed your observations, and guys like you and Sonic ought to feel vindicated as far as the specific issues you raised are concerned... IMHO.

• I'd be most interested, brother! Please PM me with their findings about your issue.
    You're good in my book, sir!

• Hi Dimi,

I understand and respect your wishes. IMHO, you are one of the few who not only feel strongly on this issue, but most importantly you actually made the effort to make your own profiles, record the results, and submit them to the Kemper team. In other words, you put some serious work into this. :thumbup:

While I may not hear what you are hearing, and have even had some cordial disagreements as to the significance of the perceived phenomena...I absolutely respect your efforts in this matter. I am hopeful you might reconsider your decision to put your KPA up for sale, and remaining a valued member of this community. In either case, my best regards and wishes.

Cheers,
    John

• I don't know if this will be of any help but I thought I'd share it just in case it does offer some help. I have made a ton of profiles and I've never heard these issues but in one of the previous demos that someone posted in this thread I clearly heard an issue. Today I made some profiles of my Friedman BE100 and Splawn Quick Rod, I'm not a metal player but some of these, especially the QR are pretty high gain. I wonder if anyone can hear the issue in these profiles, if so let me know and maybe we can try to narrow it down. I always make Merged profiles so I saved both the Direct Amp and Studio profiles along with the Merged profiles. The last letter in the name tells you what type of profile it is, D=Direct Amp S=Studio and M=Merged. There is also a ReadMe.txt file with some more info in the folder.

If anyone wants to give them a try you can download them from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/inq…yY-Cnpt8njDNg3_9ly0a?dl=0

• Yes, I have ocd, Sonic is insane, we crazy, that's it. Nailed it.

Bye lel

DImi:

Please don't take it negatively, almost all brilliant individuals I met or know of technically have OCD. I bet CK wouldn't have gotten this close with the profiling if he didn't have some form of OCD.

I appreciate what your doing but I like to voice my opinion as part of the discussion when I see others riding along your professional approach only to dump on the Kemper and minimize it to, thin, congested and practically a terrible sounding device.That's a departure from reality . If it's that terrible why keep it (not directed at you). I highly respect pacosito who contributed to the community with many nice profiles and was always professional even when he declared he's selling his KPA because he found a better solution with his real amps.

I know you enjoy the Kemper already but want to make it better, but others who say POD bean is better are simply trolling this forum for unknown reason, possibly having nothing better to do with their time than trashing a machine they bought and still own even though the don't enjoy.

Thanks again.

Dean

• A bean POD 2.0 is in fact superior tone-wise than the KPA when it comes to solo notes on Marshall style gain profiles in my experience Especially when goosed in the front a bit with a quality OD pedal. The KPA sounds thin in comparison. The KPA also could not profile said POD without the typical congestion and rasp discussed & demonstrated in this thread. Very similar result to what Dimi posted in the recent video.

Whether or not any user chooses to keep their KPA or not, or whether or not they decide to voice their tone concerns based on their experience is also their choice.

On the other hand, some fanboys regularly harassing, bullying and making accusations about people who's comments they don;'t like is pathetic, childish and should not be tolerated on reputable forums. If the moderators are doing their job objectively.

Sonic

• LMFAO. If you think a POD sounds better , and the KPA sounds thin in comparison , your hearing is really fucked up!

I've had many POD's up to the HD500 which I used as backup and was stuck playing a few weeks with it 6 nights a week, and the night I got my KPA back the pod sounded thin and lifeless , same PA ! Was night and day,

Please sell your KPA and play your POD or whatever but your credibility means squat to me and many others , I'm sure !