Kemper vs. Real Amp Test - Cameron CCV

• I didn't check email yet, will do so now...
    Most of the legacy guys on the forum are constantly advising that people need to fill out tickets to let the company know of any legitimate problems/concerns. So I was just following their lead. Sorry if it inconvenienced the team.

So it seems reasonable to now assume if the tone issues are deemed feasibly fixable, and the company cares to fix things, then it will eventually be addressed. So users don't need to keep doing tests & experiments. And we don't need to have this discussion any longer.

Sonic

Hello Hans ( @hjscheffler) ,

It has been a month or so since @Dimi84 opened a Support ticket and began submitting test data. With the understanding a patch & release doesn't happen overnight, has the development team at least been able to verify the issue and determine if it is fixable?

Thanks,

Sonic

• I thought I put some user on ignore but I still see their post. Does anybody know how I can no longer see posts by this user.

And Sonic, I'm glad you still have that POD 2.0 that you prefer over the Kemper.

Hope it can tide you over until the KPA is updated to your liking :) ROTFLMAO

• @SonicExporer Same DI as before, this time with a tubemeister 18 amp.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The tubemeister sounds just as buzzy as the Kemper, the only thing I notice is a thinness to the Kemper track. Needs better EQ perhaps or was it a cabinet difference? Was the HK redbox recorded?

I did a DI profile today of my Fender 57 Deluxe and for the first time it sounded right on. Tried to capture it before with various mics and it always sounded terrible and thin to me. So perhaps it was user error on my part with the mics? The DI profile with IR cabs sounded spot on or at least so close you could not tell. No thin sound and no buzziness.

I am going to try a few different amps and different gain stages as well as a different DI box and see if it gets as close or something bad creeps back in.

• I don't follow this thread but get notification if tagged. You can message me privately if you want to discuss anything from here. I have my own conclusions about profiling. Youtube descriptions explain how test are conducted. There are tests of direct profiles on my channel too. Cheers

• I will close this thread now. IF you feel that anything needs to be added to the original discussion, feel free to open a new one. This thread is far to derailed. We encourage people to discuss our products in a critical fashion and we like to hear your opinion.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here