Any smaller bar bands using Kemper?

• I always see Kemper on the big stages where there is a house PA and a soundman…anybody out there like me? Band member/soundman? What kind of setup are you using? I have an SKB gig rack with a Mackie DL1608 on top, and a 4u front space with a power conditioner and my Kemper mounted in it. I run two QSC K12's for tops and two KW118 subs. I'll either use K10's for monitors or go Sennheiser's in ear depending on the venue. I don't bring a cab on stage for the Kemper, because I really got it to cut down on stage clutter. I run the Kemper through the board, and just bring the signal up in the AUX for my "on stage sound." I had my first gig with it last Saturday and it was incredible. I used some MBritt profiles that I had, and their volumes were very consistent with eachother, very gig ready. I'd be interested to hear how other "weekend warriors" are incorporating their Kemper's into their setup! So let's hear it! (Or see it with pictures)

• I've been using it for everything I do (big festival gigs, and local pub gigs). After 23 years of playing professionally, this has been the best piece of gear I've owned (and I've had all the good stuff, Marshalls, Friedmans, Mesa, etc.). I don't even use any other effects anymore. Just what the Kemper has built into it. For recording, the effects may not be as good as some of the other stuff that's out there. But for live situations, the Kemper's effects are just as good, if not better than most pedals that people would use. And whatever difference there is, really isn't noticeable to a typical person's ear after it passes through he PA and blends with all of the other instruments and room ambience.

I'm just running an unpowered Kemper, into my Yamaha DXR15 monitor with a few Mission EP1 expression pedals to handle all my volume, wah, pitch and morphing needs. I'm in two different cover bands, each with their own PA, and we play in some places that have their own house PA. The Kemper sounds amazing on all of them.

• I'm strictly in bar bands these days, and big gig for me is 300 people. I'm always surprised by this forum by people's stage setups. In the NYC area where I play, every club has a PA, no matter how small, and every musician still uses backline. Also, since I play mostly in original bands, there is usually no soundcheck (unless you are first) and there are very quick change-overs between bands (usually 3-4 bands per night). And when I play in NYC proper, they often "encourage" you to use the club's backline for quicker changeovers and less clutter backstage (AKA the hallway or storage closet).

I also come from an indie rock background where simplicity is the norm, guitar, pedal board (maybe), and a tube amp. These elaborate setups that my fellow Kemperites use with mixers, computers, IEM's, wireless, and floor monitors scare an old caveman like me :D . In the 90's I was touring with real roadies and I thought I was still being a little ridiculous by having them setup my bi-amped bass rig with a Marshall plexi and V4-B running through a split 8x10. :)

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• kpa + matrix gt1000fx into whatever cab the pub has to offer, or my own 4x12 if we play as "headliner" and we have to bring our own backline. Usually I don't go into pa because of fast changeover. The cab is mic'ed and everyone use that same cab, so do I

• It's been really cool reading everyone's setup. It's neat to hear about the venues you play at as well. Here in Indiana, almost everywhere you play is a "bring your own PA" gig. There are some places in the Indianapolis area and bigger cities like that, that supply their own PA. It's funny, people always say, "You get paid to play music, how cool?" And I always tell them, "the music is free…I get paid to setup/teardown."

• I run a line out to pa, and have been back and forth with what I use on stage. Had been bringing my 1960a but this weekend will use a Roland KC-500 keyboard amp (with cab on obviously) for my onstage monitoring, meaning I won't utilize the KPA's power amp. But that set up rips at practice, this is a hard rock band that gifs once every two or three months. Mbritt 5150 profiles for the most part.

• I've been gigging clubs for nearly 50 yrs and the last 5 with the Kemper. I love it .
    We play everything from the Stones to Theory of a Deadman and everything in between. I use it with a Atomic CLR NEO, sometimes as a backline but usually as a monitor

• Seldom see a house PA in my area (Eastern Washington), been running sound from stage since the 80's. We use JBL (SRX725 & SRX728S per side) with a X32 rack mixer, Sennheiser IEM and/or QSC K12 for monitoring (depends on how cramped the stage is). I use my Kemper with a FCB1010 (modded LG-FCB) for both guitar and bass, I haven't used it with a real cab onstage yet because I have vocals and click track to deal with too. Too much stuff to haul around for a club gig. Getting a Kemper has definitely made my back muscles and ears happier!

• Yup used mine for three years solid now ..into a presonus desk and Ev PA ...one drum wedge ..and that's it straight into PA no messing ..LOVE IT :) I'm trying to get used to wering in ears ..but struggling ...