Kemper +RJM Mastermind GT16

• Hi,
    I just received my Mastermind GT16, which should give me more flexibilty wit my Kemper. I followed exactly the instructions to connect and initialize the MMGT, also using 2 Midi Cables and connected as required. MIDI channels is "1". I've selected KPA as device, but if trying to get the preset names fro Kemper, it noodles without getting any information.
    Does anybody have experience with this setup? Is there any trick, so do I need enable anything on my Kemper?

• Hi,
    I just received my Mastermind GT16, which should give me more flexibilty wit my Kemper. I followed exactly the instructions to connect and initialize the MMGT, also using 2 Midi Cables and connected as required. MIDI channels is "1". I've selected KPA as device, but if trying to get the preset names fro Kemper, it noodles without getting any information.
    Does anybody have experience with this setup? Is there any trick, so do I need enable anything on my Kemper?

It should be pretty much plug and play if you use the template that Mastermind provides for the GT-16. After checking that you are sending midi on the correct channels, check the cables. Perhaps you have connected to the wrong jacks.

• Page 15 in the RJm mmgt manual tell you all you have to do,
    step by step....
    It works great.... RTFM. :)

Kemper controlled by a RJm mm GT16 is world opener compared to the Remote.... You wil love it.
    Best tuner display there is, and poosibility to even use it broswer mode with any preset you want, without to change name of your presets....

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• It should be pretty much plug and play if you use the template that Mastermind provides for the GT-16. After checking that you are sending midi on the correct channels, check the cables. Perhaps you have connected to the wrong jacks.

Yeah, I did a fw reset and than started the entire process again. Now, get Preset names" from Kemper worked almost - I've 58 Performances with total about 250 presets - the process stopped at performance 46, so Kemper and MMGT were frozen, started again - same again. But at least, I've some stuff in.

Now - remaining issue - in the and stomp box buttons do show correct infos. How do I get the performance names into the main display.

Rather than this - yes, agree, the MMGT has much more option and should allow me to configure my set as I wanted.

• That's odd. Why is it freezing? Is it a second hand unit? Got to be wary about stuff like that or you'll have trouble down the line. It could be simple as a bad cable. On the other hand, it could be that some component is damaged. Get in touch with Mastermind support and see what they say. In the meantime, you can also try to upgrade the firmware of your Mastermind, perhaps it is not compatible with your version of he Kemper.

• I'm interested to hear how you get on with your GT16 REHO, as I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one too. It's hugely expensive though, especially ordering in Europe. I hope it will be worth it. I'm still trying to decide which floorboard I want... 10, 16 or 22 buttons. I was aiming at the 16 but I do like the fact that the 22 uses superior XLR jacks instead of standard MIDI ports for relaying the data.

• I'm interested to hear how you get on with your GT16 REHO, as I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one too. It's hugely expensive though, especially ordering in Europe. I hope it will be worth it. I'm still trying to decide which floorboard I want... 10, 16 or 22 buttons. I was aiming at the 16 but I do like the fact that the 22 uses superior XLR jacks instead of standard MIDI ports for relaying the data.

Hi,
    I've solved all challenges. I figured out, it was 1 cable, causing the trouble. I've the GT16, bought in US (much cheaper). I've a Mini Effect Gizmo as well to run few boost and dist pedals as I'm not happy with buld in boost and dist unit. The MiniGizmo is connected with the "direct out/send and return" of the Kemper. I'm using stomp C (Loop Distortion) to dial in after Stomp A (Wah) and Stomp B (Comp).

After having fixed mit initialization challenge, everything is smooth now. I'm using performance mode, turned on Auto Names in the Devices tab of the GT settings. It makes the GT work like the KPA's own remote, where it dynamically displays the current slots and performance names.

Using a SKB R6U Roto Rack to mount my entire stuff.