Anyone loop their Kemper into an AX8?

• Anyone notice any problems or tone degradation puttiing the Kemper into the loop of an AX8? Looking at adding this or an Amplifire 12 to work as a stomp box (effects only) onstage and as a backup rig.

Also wondering about the midi limitations. I would use my FC300 to send program changes to the Kemper but would also like them to get to the AX8.

Edited once, last by Booyah ().

• When I put the Kemper into the ULTRA's AMP Block, I noticed no noticeable degradation, sounded fine to me.
    (mind you, I prefer recording SPDIF to using LINE OUT/IN, but you get the point)

I am currently putting the FX8 to the KPA in a 4-wire configuration so I can have PRE and POST effects.
    To headphones and SPDIF recorded it's fantastic.
    To a Speaker, it's a little more complicated, because you are using Stereo Effects -> Mono Amp Cable.

So things don't sound the same. I such a case, you have to play around with what works, but it's because of Stereo->Mono and also, in turning OFF the CAB simulation, the sound going to a Guitar Cabinet Speaker (or 2x12) won't be exactly the same as direct to the Audio via SPDIF or headphones, but thats true regardless of pairing to external effects. Speakers color the tones so so much (as they should)

DO Be aware that if you go the route of putting the AX8 to the KEMPER in the KPA's "Loop" block, you should LOCK that block or else when choosing other Profiles that block might be OFF the silence will have you scratching you head thinking the KPA is broken, haha.

Bottom line, products such as these with quality AD/DA converters have few problems sounding good paired together. It's always a setting issue, user issue, or cable issue, not the products.

Someone else will have to get up with you about MIDI setup.
    Try Gear Page or Gearslutz. When posting about Camp B products to Camp A you can run into the "silent treatment".

I think Google Search is best for looking up past discussions on the Kemper forum.

Type in Google search this format:
    site: www.kemper-amps.com: ax8 midi site:www.kemper-amps.com

Where the search items are between the site links.

Note to Programmers: Recursive! // I know, it's not the Funniest Joke in the World

• I've always been interested in the differences between these modelers and it's nice to have them side-by-side.

Some things of note, one concerning your question about "tone suck".

Since profiles can have differing volumes (if not hand normalized, the Kemper could really use the Unity Gain feature), the overdrives of the Fractal can be a problem w/o a volume pedal.
    So that is essential: Volume Pedal

As to the difference in effects, the FX8 has a slight edge on Reverbs, but edge on Overdrives. But Delays is a split.

The Kemper slays the FX8 in Pitch effects which has a deal-breaking delay in the Fractal unit, and instant pitching in the KPA.

I've been a bit out of the loop, but if it still doesn't, the KPA needs updated Reverbs, a Step Sequencer, and better Overdrives and it will be top class all-around. Maybe Unity Gain would be a plus, but a Volume Pedal is always the better choice.