No sound on Monitor Out with ground lift

• Hello all,

had a strange issue with my KPA at a gig last night. As always I had my DXR10 connected via Monitor Out. As there was some hum present I pressed the ground lift of the Monitor Out (like I've done hundreds of times before without any issues) and suddenly I had no signal at all on the monitor anymore! In addition releasing the ground lift switch again resulted in an extremely lout popping noise but at least brought the signal back on the monitor.
    I then tried to connect the DXR10 to direct out (set to Master Mono) and there the exact same thing happened.
    I could however engage the ground lift on the main outs without any issues.

Has anyone of you seen a behaviour like this before? Am I overlooking something or doing something wrong or does this sound like it needs a repair (which I am very afraid of as I don't know how to live without it for such a long time :S Seriously thinking now of saving for a backup KPA ;) )?

Cheers,
    Markus

• I had also some stange noises on my 3 months old Kemper and the gnd lift switch worked very strange with loud pooping when used on the monitor output.

I was a hardware fault and I had to send it in for service... :(
    ButI have two Kemper's , so I used the backup while it was in for service. Thats the downside with a modellers you are f...ed without a backup if it goes down... backup guitar amps are much more easy to get hold of if it fails than a kemper....

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• Ok that's strange: Just tried to reproduce the error at home (not through the DRX but by plugging the monitor out into my Scarlett) and everything worked fine.
    Could it be that anything specific to the venue we played in (power line issues or similar) caused the problem???
    Hm, let's hope the problem is gone now. Have my next gig tomorrow night and hope everything will be back to normal there as well.

Thanks,
    Markus

• Have some news reg this issue:
    After playing multiple gigs without facing this issue it resurfaced again on Saturday. On this gig we had the same sound guy as when the problem occurred for the first time. So I started to investigate what he is doing that all the others don't. It turned out that he has a mixing desk which cannot turn on phantom power for just a single channel but only for the whole console. This means also the input which my KPA was plugged in was phantom powered.
    So it turned out that with turning off the phantom power my issue was gone!
    I understand from older posts that in principle the KPA's outputs are phantom power safe but obviously it seems to lead to this issue which I had. Anybody faced that before or has an explanation for this??

Cheers,
    Markus