Please differentiate performance mode vs browse mode

• "Performance" can be likened to "song". It just means that you can set up various rigs within a performance (song), so you can change from, say, intro to verse, or chorus to bridge etc. with a single foot switch press on the Remote. Browse is just the ability to cycle through all of the rigs in your library.

• This info can be found in the reference manual
    Performance Mode is a powerful tool that allows to organize Rigs in “Performances” detached from your BrowsePool. A total of 125 Performances are available, each of which can hold up to five Rigs in logical locations called"Slots". You could, for example, use a Performance to store the sounds dedicated to the intro, verse, refrain, bridge,and solo of a song, and switch between them using a foot controller.

• It's not clear to me the difference between the modes.

In the manual it refers to a captured performance when in p mode. What is a captured performance?

I think the way most of us (not all) use performance mode is not so much the way it's outlined in the manual (a different slot for each section of a song), but instead a different slot for different types of sounds. So for example, in the five slots in your performance (or "bank" as other gear would call it) you may have a rhythm sound, clean sound, solo patch, etc. It's similar to what the manual suggests, but from what I've read on the forum, it doesn't appear that too many people actually set up performances for EVERY song they play. Instead rather, they set up performances using a handful of the core rigs/sounds that they'll use throughout the night. Then maybe another performance would have rigs that aren't as common. It really is just a way to organize your rigs for live use in any way that makes the most sense for you.

• I've done both. In one band, I used a performance for each song, slot 1 always was my standard rhythm sound for the song, slot 4 solo and the others were used (or not used) for other parts of the song.
    In another band, I usually use just one or two performances which cover all sounds I need.