How many profiles are in your Kemper?

• Since years I was close to the 1000 profiles limit.

Now I deleted ALL and started from 0.

Currently I have 310 profiles in the KPA.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Did something similar!

I found my favourite profiles and arranged them into performances based on type of sound. I think I have around 20 sets, making it 200 all in all (and maybe 5 in my browse pool).

This makes it much easier to manage - having them categorized into performances based on sound. Then it's also easier to judge new profiles - are they better than any of the similar 5 profiles I already have?

• I find navigating through performances painfully slow, if I want to load a performance more than 2 or 3 away from the present performance it's like wading through treacle.

I have 530 profiles and 15 performances on my KPA.

P.

• I have 462 but when in performance mode I have eight ( why 8? Because my controller has four switches)and most of the time just use two. I have my main MBritt and TAF profiles and then bring in and delete stuff from rig exchange as my mood changes, lol.

• Does any of you 100+ actually use all? =O

I try to keep my number down as much as I can.
    Right now I have about 30 profiles, but soon I will try to cut it down to 10-15 or so.

Many are copies of each other that I have tweaked with different cabs and such.

Hi- I'm new here. Great forum, much appreciated! Hello to Monkeyman if he sees this. We go way back on MOTUnation.

If I was gigging live that's about what I would do like 20-30. But I bought mine for studio use (used) and it came with 900 in it. I dumped everything and started going through what was available and bought a few packages so now I have about 480 of what I call usable sounds. No, I won't use all of them even in the next 10 years but when you're playing 8 or 9 different guitars and trying to get a variety of sounds in the studio, choices are good. I mostly view them as starting points. Some are just odd 'stunt' settings I like but may not ever use. I admit it can get overwhelming though, and I also play keyboards so I'm familiar with the '2000 preset problem'.

• Does any of you 100+ actually use all? =O

I try to keep my number down as much as I can.
    Right now I have about 30 profiles, but soon I will try to cut it down to 10-15 or so.

Many are copies of each other that I have tweaked with different cabs and such.

i dont use them at all. These are tweaks in differnt ways , after tweaking i create a amp performance with 5 of the best sounding rigs of the amp. My performances are always:
    1. Rhytmsound
    2. Chrunch
    3. Lead
    4. Lead 2 or a Violin Sound ( swell volume pedal)
    5. Clean

all sounds with different fx or morphing

So i can choose my 5 main sounds with a different amp

I have prox. 20 performances and from time to time i clear the browse mode of my kpa up and i store the rigs from there in a folder on my rm.

• Hello to Monkeyman if he sees this. We go way back on MOTUnation.

OMG Phil! I recognised your name right away, obviously, but as I've met three people with your name in "real life", I figured you must've been an online duplicate. LOL

Congrats on the Kemper, mate, and also for being my first MN buddy to finally take the Kemper plunge. The unit doesn't seem to have taken off there yet; I mentioned it a couple of times but the response was muted, with software options' being touted as the future and at least as good. I disagree of course!

Really great to have you here, mate (Phil's a legend, folks), hope you end up loving your Kemper and also that you're well. We'll chat soon.

Back to topic:

Apart from rundoverdog's 2 Rigs, I'm surprised nobody else in the thread thus far has close to my single-Rig setup. I, perhaps-naively, thought a single-Rig choice would've been something many would've gone for, using RM for all browsing. Apart from anything else, I figured keeping the Rig number to the barest-possible minimum might be conducive to the smooth running and fast booting of the Kemper.

• I have 210+ rigs and 50+ performances. I cleared most of the factory rigs out. I'm a guitar player in a cover band. When I select a rig for a song I'm working up, I put that one in the KPA and leave it unchanged. Then I copy it, edit it for the song I'm working up and save it with that song name. Each song has at least one rig and up to 4 rigs. The number of rigs has been cut way back with morphing.

Performances are set up by the sets lists for the band with 2 guitars (most of the time) and 1 guitar. Also some "generic" stuff for jamming with others and songs I play for myself.

Learn to Swim