How many profiles are in your Kemper?

• I think it is now 90, but I'm trying hard to bring it down to something like 30 extremely good ones. I try to keep a healthy selection of types of tones though, instead of 10 almost-identical sounds.

Basically:

• Heavy Rhythm

• Middy ones (Marshall, 5150, etc)
      • Darker ones (Mesa, Engl, etc)
      • Something inbetween (Randall, etc)
    • Distorted Leads
      • Still work in progress, but I already have a few go-to's
    • Squeaky Clean
      • Seems to be almost exclusively Mesa stuff, and a couple Roland JC120 things
    • Bass guitar profiles - still heavily in progress
    • Something fun, like crazy effects or inspiring sounds

I don't really play any crunchy stuff, so I don't keep them in mine.

Vortech - Finnish Industrial Death Metal since 2000

• Circa 310

How many do I used? About 10.

Therefore I have 300 totally unused.

If I delete one that is used in a performance, does it disappear from the slot?

In any case I need to get them off as its just very poor housekeeping!

• 104, but using only 2 of them:

famous Morgan AC20 for cleans and vintage leads and @djemass ' Boogie MARKIIC+ new for crunch & leads.
    Dje, thank you for that profile!

I don't use presets at all, rather I tweak these two profiles like real amps on the fly.

• No. Plus you can make changes to a rig in a performance slot and it doesn't change the original rig. Also, if you've made changes and you want to use the changed rig for other purposes, just export to rig pool ( hit STORE in Performance Mode while the rig is active and hit EXPORT TO RIGS(?) soft button, top right of screen I believe. You can tell which rig is newer in BROWSE mode by the date.

Learn to Swim

• I've recently gotten in the habit of clearing out the browser and just using a performance slot.
    Why?
    It focuses me on playing, instead of the endless 'ohh I wonder if this one would sound better?' As much fun as that can be, it seriously eats into the available time I have to play. When I need to expand or try out I have to fire up the rig manager, and that's when I mostly decide to just carry on playing with what I have. Seems to work better for me this way.

• Man!:( You guys make me feel bad.

My Profiler has somewhere in the low 700's on it. I want to clean it up, but it's hard. Too much good stuff. I'm still in the "auditioning" phase with my KPA and have about 8 profiles that get heavy use. As far as cleaning it up goes, I don't have a lot of time and every time i check out a rig I end up tweaking a little then jamming a lot....

• I asked this very question not too long ago. I've got about 250 on mine, and I use.....four (rock rhythm: JSX, Heavy Rhythm: Triple Rec, Lead: Bogner, clean: Legacy III). I just haven't really bothered to clean out the ones I don't use yet. The way my controller is set up the unused aren't in the way or anything so it's not a priority.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• No. Plus you can make changes to a rig in a performance slot and it doesn't change the original rig. Also, if you've made changes and you want to use the changed rig for other purposes, just export to rig pool ( hit STORE in Performance Mode while the rig is active and hit EXPORT TO RIGS(?) soft button, top right of screen I believe. You can tell which rig is newer in BROWSE mode by the date.

So on the premise that I only use performance mode, theoretically I can delete all rigs from my profiler and all rigs in performance will remain??

So much for my "professional" status :)

• I keep 0 in the KPA, 10 that I use through RM.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Since having 2 kempers and Waaay too many rigs to test in my life time, i am finding if i only have performances in both kempers and audition every thing else via rig manager, i am spring clean, fast loads and just every thing feels better clean and organized, i only test rigs now via rig manager, and test only to make a performance, then ill store only these performances in both kempers when done, never the rigs i am testing,.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.