How many profiles are in your Kemper?

• I wasn't able to achieve this. How'd you do it?
    My Kemper never let me erase the "final" Rig, so I keep a default one in it (Burns' RR Rig from the Exchange).

I just select the rigs in RM and press on the PC.

How are you trying to delete it? In RM, the KPA or either? Are you seeing that final rig in RM as well as the KPA? You're not getting the damaged rig message in RM are you?

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Thank you for responding, Rod.

"... press on the PC"? What does this mean, mate?

I haven't tried deleting it in RM, only using the KPA's interface.

Yes, it shows in RM. Not damaged.

Note:
    I won't be able to try the RM route for some time yet; no audio software installed for the time being.

• @Monkey_Man if he is removing all the Rigs in the KPA with RM, “press on the PC” suggests “Select all the Rigs in My Profiler” and press on the “Delete” key of a keyboard connected to a PC.

In my KPA, I haven seven Performances (35 Slots) for gigs (and they are copied to another seven Performances as a real-time Backup). I also have around 700 rigs (many Factory Rigs, Profiles that I have made, and many edited rigs and FX rigs that I have made).

If that sounds like a lot of Rigs to anyone:
    Before Performance Mode, before Rig Manager, and before the 1000 Rig limit, I think I had close to 4,500 in my KPA.

• @Monkey_Man if he is removing all the Rigs in the KPA with RM, “press on the PC” suggests “Select all the Rigs in My Profiler” and press on the “Delete” key of a keyboard connected to a PC.

Thank you, Paul.

Hey mate, are you aware of whether or not one's able to delete all Rigs on one's KPA? As I said to Rod, my unit's always refused to allow me to remove the final one, which I thought made sense as the hardware's "useless" without a single Rig in it, forgetting RM for the moment.

Definitely no biggie; I'm happy to leave a default Rig in it. It's just a curiosity thing at this stage.

• I mostly don't use the same rigs for live and for studio. I have about 35 rigs I use for studio (to cover a variety of tones/gain levels) always in the profiler for when I go to a recording session with no laptop. Then I have maybe another 35 included in maybe 10 performances.

• "... press on the PC"? What does this mean, mate?

@Monkey_Man if he is removing all the Rigs in the KPA with RM, “press on the PC” suggests “Select all the Rigs in My Profiler” and press on the “Delete” key of a keyboard connected to a PC.

Yes, exactly that.

I'm not suggesting that deleting them in RM is a better way. It's just what I do. I would have thought deleting them on the KPA itself was more reliable.

How are you determining that you have 1 rig left in the KPA. Are you turning the browse knob and seeing 1 rig, because I find that although I've got 0 rigs, I can still play the last rig I used, presumably left in preview memory.

Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I have about 40 favorites in my KPA. The reason I don't have more is because most of them sound so good (to me) I play for hours and barely switch thru them all lol.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I have about 150 rigs left in the KPA (down from several hundred), and I use 40 of these in 8 performances.

I like to have 1 performance with my 5 "basic" sounds that cross over well with most styles, and my 3 bands in particular. The other performances are for customized songs here and there, spread out between the 3 bands. Before each gig I "arrange" the performances specific for that night's band, all following performance 1, my "basics," which never changes.

The other rigs I leave in for studio use and taste testing. I don't clear these out and use from RM as others above do because I don't have consistent connectivity between KPA and RM for reasons I don't understand.

Gary ô¿ô

• How are you determining that you have 1 rig left in the KPA. Are you turning the browse knob and seeing 1 rig, because I find that although I've got 0 rigs, I can still play the last rig I used, presumably left in preview memory.

Well, if it's in the edit buffer, which is what I presume you're talking about, Rod, it survives 6-month power-downs and is included in .kpabackup files generated by the unit.

IOW, for all intents and purposes, there's always 1 Rig remaining.

• Well it does survive power-downs Monkey man, but I have 0 rigs in my kpabackup rigs folder so it can't be that.

If it bothers you enough, I would do a factory reset.

Audient iD14 > Reaper

• yes its intriguing Monkey Man, and that it happens to you and not me. From how you describe it, it sounds like it doesn't matter what rig it is, only that it's the last rig.

Audient iD14 > Reaper