Rig Manager - I HATE YOU!!!

• This may have been covered elsewhere, but right now I'm so angry I don't have the patience to search.

I just spent a couple hours setting up a specific performance, all 5 slots filled with very carefully selected and tweaked profiles. Saved every step of the way as soon as I made a change, things like different delays, different OD's, boosts, etc. VERY specific settings for different songs.

I decided to put a different profile in slot 5. So, while the Profiler was in Performance mode, from Rig Manager I went to the particular profile, selected "copy", went back to the specific performance (the performance on My Kemper, not the performance in my Local Library), clicked on slot 5, hit "paste." Everything looked fine in Rig Manager. I hit save.

Going back, the ENTIRE PERFORMANCE, ALL 5 SLOTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO SOMETHING I CREATED WEEKS AGO!! The carefully saved performance I was working on is gone. I cannot recover it no matter what.

So what's the deal with changing elements of a performance? If my Profiler is in Performance Mode, copying and pasting from Rig Manager, sometimes the changes stick, sometimes they don't, sometimes the entire performance is changed, all 5 slots. Sometimes I have better success creating performances in my Local Library (in RM) then copying them on to My Kemper (also in RM), but this too is not perfect.

So, is this user error? When creating performances, should my Profiler be set on Browser or Performance Mode? Neither works all that well for me. Is Rig Manager just useless for creating performances and I should go back to the incredibly difficult and stupidly old school manual way?

Yes, I'm running the very latest OS and RM, I've always upgraded whenever new releases come out. This problem is NOT new to the latest update, I've had problems all along.

While I truly love my Kemper when it works, this Rig Manager is proving to be far more trouble than it's worth. Anyone got ideas to help?

• I've had this problem many times and since the Rig Manager introduced performance management. I've almost completely stopped using performance mode cause it's just to frustrating. Kemper never confirmed (or fixed) it and since I felt a bit alone with this issue I even stopped discussing it long time ago.

Good luck! Hope you'll manage to get it fixed. :)

• That's what RigManager did with my Kemper several times and that's why I don't want to use
    RigManger anymore.
    Shame on this company for building a very good product like the Kemper and publishing
    a software like RigManager the same time!

• If you haven't already, open a support ticket to make the company aware of this problem (link is in my signature)

I create profiles in the RM exclusively - only when they've been created do I move them to the profiler.

One question: the profile you copied from - was it from a performance or from the regular "pool" of profiles in RM? Otherwise, it might have copied the whole (old") performance rather than just the one profile.

Also be aware that you are able to name your performance slots differently than the underlying profile - so you have to look at the profile names of the performance to check if anything else has chenged - not just the individual slot names.

• Isn't it possible to create a software, in which I don't have "to think of this", "to be aware of that" and so on?
    Just a software which does what it should do for a guitar player.
    I'm not a software programmer!

• That was funny, Michael. :D

This experience isn't 'though; I feel for these peeps. Hopefully if there are any unnecessary shortcomings with saving to slots, Kemper will overcome them. Looking from afar, as I don't use Performances, I know I've seen these sorts of complaints an awful lot.

• Hi Michael, dont understand this name thing.
    I have a workflow for creating new performances and nothing went wrong since i started creating performances. It goes like this:
    I highlight an empty performance in rm and i click create new performance.
    I name the new performance in the inspector window
    I go to my rig pools, choose a rig by highlighting it and i press copy
    I go back to my new performance, went to the window in rig inspector where i want to place the rig, paste, done.
    Next rig with same cooy and paste until all 5 boxes are filled.
    Than i put my kpa in performance mode.
    Double click on the new performance in rm and the performance is loaded into the kpa.

First thing after doing that is i store the performance into the kpa. Dont know if this extra storing is necessary but it didnt hurt.

Next is, only for safety. I have created a folder "old performances" where i copy every performance that i have created.

And normaly, after a day with a lot of teaking i do a back up. Maybe my procedure is "oversafe" but some yeas ago lost my old laptop because of an upset cup of coffee and i havent done a backup.......painful...

Do you mean FreeBlues crash is a software thing? I cant believe it because the procedure works very well and i think here are so many user which use it and there a less post with problems like this.

Btw. There a good kemper tutorial on YouTube about rm

Cheers
    Frank

• This is a known issue and @Arne (RM developer) seem to fix it in the very near future.
    He promised it is the next thing on his list.
    However, it still might help him, if you open a support ticket. Might be good, to have a broad database of this bug.

I totally can understand your frustration. I have also been there... More than once.
    After a while, I could overcome my anger and create this ticket. And I was positively supprised how fast they came back to me.

Despite all the bad thing about it, I think iit is UNIQUE, that you can get in touch with the developer ( Arne) on an internet forum - and that he does reply to you.
    I am with you: this bug exists too long already, but I am confident, it will be fixed very soon.

• Not very often I play with RM but did tonight and the pop up "upgrade to v2" appeared, so I did.
    Also told me to upgrade kpa to 5.1 but I held off for now still on 5.0

Quite a few changes noticeable including the new rig packs pages. Double clicking stuff in these rig-packs had no effect, I assume because I'm still v5.0. However, I could drag these patches to my local library and audition them as usual including the 5.1 delays!!! Weirdly though, the kpa showed my delay slot (white leds) as a loop, with no functional parameters to adjust, but I could hear the pitch shift delays and all the fancy stuff from the 5.1 delay fx packs. Seems the technology is hidden in the v5.0 kpa but without a user interface.
    Is this a known issue/fact?

• Some weird stuff can happen when building performances, this has been going on for a while. The company is aware of the issue. In the meantime, we need to figure out a "workflow" that is foolproof.

What I do that works all the time now is first bring the 5 rigs I want for my new performance into the profiler's library. Then you can do all the tweaks in the world and save every time, either by replacing the old tweak or creating a new when you press "store". When all your rigs are good to go, still in browse mode (although it shouldn't matter) go create your new performance in the profiler and carefully copy/paste your rigs individually without messing around with the order or anything else. Once it's done, save that performance in the Local library as a backup. Then if you need to make additional tweak, do them manually by saving on the profiler (use the arrows buttons instead of the remote knob when navigating). Whenever I deviate from this method, I run the chance of getting into trouble.

• Yep, same here.

New to the Kemper but already experienced this frustration.

Rig manager completely reverse all my performances and jumbles them around...

Going to raise a support ticket. As mentioned, the more weight behind this from support tickets, the hope they may finally fix this.

• It seems to get worse with every update! :( There are more and more missmatches between the Rig Manager and the KPA. The names of many slots do not fit to their Amp-description, nor to the sound it should produce. I spend hours to reorganise and recreate performances, but it gets more and more confusing and wrong!!! I am so frustrated and angry... especially, because I need the KPA... but didn't need the f.... updates!!! :-(((( Why did I just touch a running system?????? :cursing:X/?(;(

Now the Rigmanager wants to make an update, which is not in the download-section!!!!! (2.0.19) Of course, this didn't work either. Though I tried any possible way (repair, change, delete the program)
    And I am not a newbee in pc-problems. This is the worst peace of software I ever encountert so far. You made a really good hardware... but PLEASE!!! Make the software done by experts who know what they're doing!

What shall I tell the audience? "Now you listen to random sounds. Do not expect, they fit to the songs I play. Mee to, I am surprised everytime, I start my amp."

• Ok try this goto your down load folder (in my Winblows 10 its my DOWNLOAD FOLDER) and try and click on the Rig manager 20.19 exe , if it did not install from Rm? I have done that before and it worked (clicked on the exe in the down load folder)

maybe i could upload the exe for you in a rar file??
    did that work or install?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.