Best power solution quest:Mesa 50/50

• In my search for the best live monitoring solution i ran into a good priced 1st generation mesa 50/50 and decided to buy it.

Did anyone try this with the KPA? What cabs/speakers did you try with what result?
    Did you have one with the "deep mod"...or did you do the mod?

Background on what i tried so far:

Voxac15c...not half bad considering i never got that amp sounding good...a lot of color added.
    Frfr...definitely not for me..tried several
    Fender mustang4 using the return....pretty damn good...i didnt settle for it because the highs were not airy enough..still maybe the best live sound i got in years using vox/koch tube amps.
    Katana 100w 1x12 using the return...best result so far without a band playing....gigging it was excellent running a hollowbody and clean tones, drive tones were again on the harsh side...maybe when the speaker breaks in im good.
    Anyway....the 50/50 is one of the things im gonna try next.

• FWW, years ago I tired the 50/50 compared to a Peavey 50/50. Believe it or not, the Peavey won. I felt that the Mesa colored the sound too much.....particular in the high end - it was muffled IIRC.

• i don´t think the Mesa 50/50 is muffled...i have one here at the moment with a Engl Special Edition Preamp..i even have to turn the Presence on the Mesa poweramp complete off :D
    But yeah the peavey poweramps are great..i had a 120/120 about 12 years ago and it was totally awesome!

but..

...Class-D Poweramps work anyway the best with the Kemper...in my opinion

• I owned one 20 years ago and what from what i remember, and also when i was previewing this one at the buy, i think "muffled" isnt gonna be the problem, restraining highs is :)

Dont have the oppertunity to try with KPA next couple of days unfortunately..

• I have the 50/50 mesa and a matrix 1000fx. both rocks. I am now searching for one more kemper so i can have 2 riggs. I sold my marshall jmp superlead 100w and i have a buyer now on my 6505 just because im sooo impressed what the kemper gives to me with both these amps, so i will buy one more. I have 2 marhalls cabs and one Randall 4x12 all great together with this setup even if i like the Marshalls better. About the Deep mod i must confessed i dont know if i have this on my mesa. How can i see if i have it?

• @st33l why on earth would you want 2 Kempers :)
    If you want multiple amps in your sound you can profile that right?
    Wait for KPA V2 dude :)

I just tried the 50/50 with my KPA, and a 2x12 marshall 9200 cab that came cheap with the amp.
    That cab isnt supposed to be all that good...
    I ran it using only one side, in the 150w mono input of the cab.

The combination, at least at relative low volume, was a bit mid scooped, but in a musical way, so cutting a bit on precense, highs and bass had me singing haleluja...i love it!

I will be trying some more cabs, and talk to a tech about tuning that midscoop, and playing live is real proof of the pudding...but im confident its a keeper.

And pretty low cost btw..

• I just want to have 2 kempers because in the studio i can have one but i have a coverband too and in the place for reharsal i want one kemper two. So when we go for gigs i just take the lightweight matrix and a kemper toaster and its not heavy...what is heavy about it is the sound :).When the KPA V2 comes i ask myself. What else can that bring me than what i already have here?