Trouble synchronizing Kemper OS 5.1.1 with Rig Manager 2.0.15

• Hey there,

there's a problem synchronizing the Kemper after updating to OS 5.1.1. Everytime I change something in the Rig Manager (for example the name of a rig), the loading screen appears on the panel of the Kemper but staying at 0%. It doesn't change after minutes - I always have to reboot.

Anybody made the same experience?

Thanks!!

• Exactly same here...
    and if I click "Check for Software updates..." in Rig Manager, starts to updates my 2.0.14 version and always when it reaches 100% crash Rig Manager... Please Help

• The USB connectivity between rig manager and the Kemper seems a bit flaky in general. If my computer goes to sleep while the Kemper is on and plugged in, the Kemper screen and controls will often lock up. The audio profile in use keeps working, but nothing else works until the computer is woken up or Kemper is unplugged. Everything comes un-stuck at that point.

Diego

• I just downloaded the latest firmware and RM and it's crashing when syncing rigs - "5 of 128". Have to literally unplug my Kemper from the power to shut it down. It's completely unresponsive. Sent a request to support. Hoping to hear back soon.

I'm on latest Sierra BTW. 10.12.3 I believe.

• Thanks! Happy to be here!

Have been playing tube amps for about 10 years now & the Kemper is the first digital system that i've tried that's good enough for nearly everything!

Tried various pods and software modelers over the years and found them variously horrible to pretty good with caveats for specific purposes. Nothing nearly as good.

Diego

• I also have the same problem as the original poster. Anyone found a solution yet? In my case it tries to sync 417 rigs, even though I only have 181 on my KPA. If I leave it long enough, it eventually finishes, but it restarts the whole syncing procedure the next time I start Rig Manager.

I tried unplugging the USB cable, as someone here suggested, but it didn't have any effect.

• I am also having this issue but it seems to be a little more than just sluggish. I just updated to all the latest non-beta versions both RM and the Kemper firmware. Everything goes well for a bit but then when switching rigs from RM it'll be sluggish to switch on the kemper. Like 10 seconds or so. As I continue to switch rigs the lag can get longer or just stay the same. Then, the kemper just locks up. I can't change rigs. The kemper won't let me change settings at all. It just doesn't respond. I turn the switch over to off but the "shutting down" screen doesn't come up. Power just shuts off. Unplugging the USB makes no difference for me. It did this to me three times today. When I turned it back on twice it was still locked up. It finally came out of deep freeze by unplugging the USB while the kemper was off, closing rig manager, and then turning on the kemper.

Driving me crazy.