USING FRFR AND 4X12 CAB?

• I was thinking of doing a wet dry type setup and wondered if this would work? Powered kemper speaker out to my regular guitar cab 4x12 (this would be mostly dry). Then using the monitor out of the kemper to my wet effects- reverb and delay pedals then going into a frfr powered setup like the clr or friedman frfr. Might be a little unconventional but could be cool!

• Use Direct Output set to Master mono. Check Monitor cab off in the Output Section. This will give you no cab sim on your guitar cabinet and cab sim on the full range system. Hth

• What @HELL-G said. :thumbup:

You want to disable the Cabinet Module for the signal going out the Speaker Output Jack, which you are connecting to your traditional guitar cabinet. This is done in the Output Menu --> Monitor Cab/Off.

Now, since the Speaker Output jack and the Monitor Output jack are linked, internally, you would not want to connect your FRFR monitor to the Monitor Output jack...as the Cabinet Module/sim has just been disabled in the previous step.

However, following @HELL-G excellent advice, you instead connect your FRFR monitor to your KPA's Direct Output jack, and set the Direct Output (in Output Menu) to Master Mono configuration. That way, you will now have the Cabinet module/sim active, which is feeding your FRFR monitor...while at the same time, the Speaker Output signal has the Cabinet module/sim disabled, which is feeding your traditional guitar cabinet.

• Would this leave the FOH main outs with cabinet module on, all effects and guitar signal?

Cheers,

Greg

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• I was thinking of doing a wet dry type setup and wondered if this would work? Powered kemper speaker out to my regular guitar cab 4x12 (this would be mostly dry). Then using the monitor out of the kemper to my wet effects- reverb and delay pedals then going into a frfr powered setup like the clr or friedman frfr. Might be a little unconventional but could be cool!

that would sound huge!