My Kemper arrive*d on 8-March. It's amazing...

• Yeah AJ, just as we have music-video reaction clips on PooToob, we could have Kemper-reaction ones, but focussing only on that initial facial expression of surprise, wonderment and awe that I reckon'd be so common.

I know I felt all three, plus immense satisfaction that I'd finally found a means to disembark the L6 Train™.

• Yeah AJ, just as we have music-video reaction clips on PooToob, we could have Kemper-reaction ones, but focussing only on that initial facial expression of surprise, wonderment and awe that I reckon'd be so common.

I know I felt all three, plus immense satisfaction that I'd finally found a means to disembark the L6 Train™.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So...The Kemper already had some Mbritt stuff on it when it arrived.. I went through some sounds, fumbling my way through. A lot of clean stuff. I think the previous owner was a slide/country player in Nashville. In fact, I know he was because I looked him up and he is an absolute chickn pickn beast.

I got into the gainier stuff and thought "These profiles might not be for me" about 5 minutes later I realized the cab sim was off... Once I got everything leveled out and found a nice warm marshall-y sound, I was in absolute heaven. I can't believe how good this thing sounds even through my ultra-critical CIEMs.

My main problem will be configuring it for a set list by next rehearsal, because every time I find something awesome, I get stuck riffing on it for 20-30 minutes at a time. Enjoying it, trying to hear flaws, trying to find something I don't like. It's just so good.

my 4x10 schedule leaves me strapped for time during the work week so my playing will probably be minimal, but come this Sunday, it's on!!!

• That 20-30 minute doodling thing happens to all Kemper users, possessed by wonder at the tones that are possible with this device. :D

I suggest you install rig manager and hook up your computer to the Kemper. That makes the process of choosing tones as well as creating performances for a setlist much easier.

• That 20-30 minute doodling thing happens to all Kemper users, possessed by wonder at the tones that are possible with this device. :D

I suggest you install rig manager and hook up your computer to the Kemper. That makes the process of choosing tones as well as creating performances for a setlist much easier.

I haven't really had more than 45 minutes due to work, but I did manage to get rig manager installed and tried the rig preview feature hooked up to the Kemper. Can I remove unused profiles from the Kemper via rig manager as well? It has so much stuff on it, it's a bit overwhelming. What I would like to do is get one really solid sounding and dependable performance set up and then clone it to the next bank and edit it specifically for the next song.

• I haven't really had more than 45 minutes due to work, but I did manage to get rig manager installed and tried the rig preview feature hooked up to the Kemper. Can I remove unused profiles from the Kemper via rig manager as well? It has so much stuff on it, it's a bit overwhelming. What I would like to do is get one really solid sounding and dependable performance set up and then clone it to the next bank and edit it specifically for the next song.

You can get all the factory rigs into rig manager. Then in the system menu of your Kemper, delete all non-favourites. If you've favourited anything already, these will remain on the Kemper.

After that, using rig manager, move whichever profiles catch your fancy on to the Kemper. This will keep things to a manageable number.

Remember, you can also browse profiles already on your Kemper from Rig Manager.

• Last night was my first full volume band rehearsal. the Kemper did NOT disappoint. I really like the way it sounds through my Avatar 2x12 with vintage 30's. The only real issue I had was some volume discrepancies vs. how I set the rigs up at home. At volume vs. the full band, some rigs were getting lost in the mix a bit. Easily resolved.

My bassist/amp tech has lovingly named the Kemper "the Shitty Toaster". He's just being a purist, though. He had nothing negative to say about the tone and even the other guitarist was jealous.