Rockman Guitar ACE

• I have just posted 3 Profiles of my Rockman Guitar ACE produced by Tom Scholz.
    Three sounds is all that little box can produce. Search for TZ Rockman on the Rig Exchange.
    Hint for Boston Tones use the Profile "TZ Rockman Guitar ACE Heavy" and depending on the output of your guitar reduce the gain and add some Chorus like I did with profile "TZ Rockman Guitar ACE Boston" on Rig Exchange

Have fun!

• Thank you, Tom!

Thanks. With more than a feeling of gratitude.

Yes.. we're Ready! I Think I Like It!

Hopefully the Profiles are Smokin' and leave us Feelin' Satisfied... and in the mood to Party, which'll be Heaven On Earth, like the Last Day Of School when Amanda said, "We're Ready" and Sail(ed) Away, hopefully to return Someday. Love Got Away - It's Easy. Maybe she's after A Man I'll Never Be. Oh well, I'm Used to Bad News; it's all part of The Journey - you know - Don't Look Back.

Man, got a little carried away there. Time to Cool the Engines.

• Wow!! I like it ... I spent about an hour playing the Heavy profile (with delay) over a backing track of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (I don't have any Boston BTs yet.) Man, I felt like I was back in the 80s!!

Next stop - look for an Amanda BT on the net. Thanks, Tom. This is serious fun!! :thumbup:

• Thank you, Tom!

Yes.. we're Ready! I Think I Like It!
    Hopefully the Profiles are Smokin' and leave us Feelin' Satisfied... and in the mood to Party, which'll be Heaven On Earth, like the Last Day Of School when Amanda said, "We're Ready" and Sail(ed) Away, hopefully to return Someday. Love Got Away - It's Easy. Maybe she's after A Man I'll Never Be. Oh well, I'm Used to Bad News; it's all part of The Journey - you know - Don't Look Back.

Man, got a little carried away there. Time to Cool the Engines.

They were great hey!!!!! Some parties I dont remember that well though......................

• Glad you like the profile. The Rockman Guitar Ace was my first "modeler". It is the size of the original Walkman and has a belt clip, two switches to select the sounds and a dedicated headphone. The headphone died after a few years of heavy usage but the unit is still alive. It can operate on batteries or external PSU. I've been playing that for years then came the original POD and finally the journey ended with the Kemper.

Keep on rockin' !

• I was looking for Rockman x100 profiles and couldn't find any. I just bought a refurb'd 1982 Rev 8, x100 from Reverb. I intend to do free profiles and share them, if they're good.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I was looking for Rockman x100 profiles and couldn't find any. I just bought a refurb'd 1982 Rev 8, x100 from Reverb. I intend to do free profiles and share them, if they're good.

I had a nightmare just trying to profile the clean2 setting on my professionally rehoused X100. It confused the profiling stage of the Kemper quite a bit. Managed it in the end.

• That's what I was wondering about, how well can I capture the complexity of the effects and such. If I get anything good I'll start a dedicated thread and pass them on.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• That's what I was wondering about, how well can I capture the complexity of the effects and such. If I get anything good I'll start a dedicated thread and pass them on.

to be fair i dont need to capture any of Scholz's super crazy delay tricks or anything like that. Just looking to get close to the straight forward sound from songs Like Smokin, Rock and Roll Band, or Party. Any ideas or tips? Im going to try the profile from this thread and MBritt's Rockwoman but im not expecting much

• It won’t profile any of the effects.
    The problem I think I had was with the built in compression on the cleans and I think that was what was freaking the Kemper out.

I had a similar experience when trying to profile a Boss AC3 acoustic pedal. It confused the Kemper. It seemed to think that bright top end rattle was distortion and kept making an overdriven profile. As with my custom X100, I got there in the end.

• okay i tried both the rockman x1000 profile (

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ) and rockman ACE heavy profile. IMO the Rockman x1000 suits me better. I have only made minimal modifications to both. I also tried and minimally edited the MBritt Rockwoman profile. Will spend more time with them later and put 1 through the ringer at rehearsal this week. If I can work in a useable/applicable Scholz tone live I would be so thrilled! Something about the tone "just works" hor hard rock rhythm and leads. It's just full, but also clean. How would you guys set up an EQ for this type of profile? I've also been adding a green scream for some extra kick

• FWIW, there is at least one commercial profiler out there that has an X100 pack. I suggest you search for that in the Commercial Profilers subforum.

Admins: Apologies if even mentioning that this exists is a violation of the "free rigs" subforum. I just didn't want someone to miss out on something they were searching for.

Thanks,

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Are you sure? Because I am not seeing anything