Check yer cables...

• I recently "re-arranged" things in my smallish studio/mancave. I used a short cable to connect the guitar to the DOD 240 mixer I had (I use it so that I wouldn't wear out the jack on my guitar processors). I got what sounded like a straight out raw guitar tone out of my Kemper. No amp,cab, tones or anything else. At first I didn't believe it was the cable because I've heard these straight thru tones of an unprocessed guitar before, and that's exactly what it sounded like. After rechecking everything else, turns out it was the short cable I added. I've never ran across that before where a cable would just sux the tones completely from a patch, but this one did. So check yer cables when things don't sound just right like you remember them... ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Yep, had that on many a cable - particularly cheap ones (those cheap multicoloured short right-angled jack patch leads that people use for pedalboards are NOTORIOUSLY bad for this).

Also keep your cables as short as possible if there is a jack plug involved anywhere along it.

Balanced (e.g. XLR) cables don't suffer from this as much.

• Quote from malleus

And the DOD 240 doesn't "suck" any tone from the guitar? Just wondering

Nope not to my ears anyway. But that cable sure as hell did.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user