For those of you with SPDif out probs...

• My KPA SPDif out does not work at home with my audio interface.
    At home I have a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 PCI audio interface on a Win7 (32 bit) machine.
    No matter what I do, I get a digital clock reading of 44.1 Khz but no sound output. But when I connect a PodX3 over SPDif, it works without a prob.

So I went to a fellow forum member yesterday with my KPA. We connected my SPDif out to his USB audio interface (Alesis something or other) and it worked perfectly!

Haven't figured out what the problem here is yet. I have tried everything from removing and reinstalling the Delta drivers etc., choosing 16bit vs 24bit via Win7. Nada!

Those of you who get no sound (or a weak signal) on the SPDif out of the KPA, what is your audio interface?

Edited 2 times, last by schneidas ().

• We tested it in the spdif of the built-in Sounblaster X-fi fatality, the Alesis was not involved (it actually doesn't have spdif)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Either it is a sync problem because both devices are set as master or your audio interface is simply not working as is should. Could be a result of a bad driver. To really sort it out, you should do a cross check. I would suggest to simply test your audio interface with another device which has a coax spdif out. Perhaps a DVD player or something. Play a cd over it into your audio interface.

• Either it is a sync problem because both devices are set as master or your audio interface is simply not working as is should. Could be a result of a bad driver. To really sort it out, you should do a cross check. I would suggest to simply test your audio interface with another device which has a coax spdif out. Perhaps a DVD player or something. Play a cd over it into your audio interface.

The PodX3 has a coax SPDif out. When I connect this to the SPDif in of the same soundcard, it works perfectly at any KHz rate.

The same connection (cable etc.) with the KPA yields a clock reading but no sound output.

How can I *not* set something as a "master"? ?(

• The PodX3 has a coax SPDif out. When I connect this to the SPDif in of the same soundcard, it works perfectly at any KHz rate.

The same connection (cable etc.) with the KPA yields a clock reading but no sound output.

How can I *not* set something as a "master"? ?(

The KPA must be master clock and the soundcard slave, this is how my one was set yesterday. Another point is that you need to max the input volume of the spdif on the sound card (control panel/sound/spdif/advanced) and turn the master volume on the KPA quite high (all the way up, actually).

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• input volume max on soundcard... check!
    output volume (rig and MV) max on KPA... check!
    still no sound output... check!

soundcard slave... how do I set this?

Control panel/Sound/Recording/Spdif in/Advanced, check both case of the "exclusive mode". Then from your DAW/Options/Input devices set the soundcard to Slave, not to Master.

• Control panel/Sound/Recording/Spdif in/Advanced, check both case of the "exclusive mode". Then from your DAW/Options/Input devices set the soundcard to Slave, not to Master.

"exclusive mode"... check (it was always like this)!
    DAW... can't find this e.g. in Reaper
    But it should work regardless of the DAW (I should get a sound output over the active monitors if a signal gets in on the SPDif in)... and I don't!

• Sorry, I was browsing through the post in the M-Audio forum as I thought he had some settings I missed.

Yes.. of course to sync the SPDif it is set to external!
    Nada.

P.s. I need to set it to external for the PodX3 SPdif to work... and it does.
    Set to external on the KPA... nothing! (set to "internal" obviously nothing as well)

• Yes, I have played with all of those... even audio or non-audio.
    Basically I have systimatically tried every possible combination of different switches in the control panel of the M-Audio Delta card but the KPA will just not send any audio over SPDif no matter what I try.

• What the hell... maybe I just need to buy a new AI?

Anybody else got an Audiophile 2496 that connects with the KPA digitally?

hello

I have a problem with spdif out of kemper
    I thought it was broken

in my pc I have an emu 0404 pci card soundcard

I installed the latest drivers

I have tried the spdif out of my fractal axe 2 and it works very well

I tried the spdif out of Kemper in the same card and it does not work

I do not understand the problem

I went in my home studio or I have a m Audio ProFire 2626

I have tested my fractal axe2 with spdif out and it works very well

I also tested the spdif out and kemper and miracle on this card it works fine so it does not come from kemper but from my card emu 0404

I do not know why it works with my fractal axe 2 and not with the kemper

the spdif out of kemper works very well

I just have to change my pc soundcarte :thumbup:

• I think all of you who have those problems should inform the kemper guys with detailed information about your audio interfaces. The two of you definitely did a correct cross check which states that either the KPA and the audio interfaces are working independantly, but not in combination. My guess is, that the KPA somehow is formatting the SPDIF data frames in a non standard way. Most interfaces seem to get along with it, but some do not.

• Yes that's a good idea.
    There's something strange going on with the SPDif out of the KPA. Every other device with an SPDif out has worked without a prob on the Delta 2496.
    Will contact support with more details regarding my system etc. and let you guys know.

Loulou222 , please contact them with details about your sound card, OS etc. as well