Kemper II with synth-module

• A look into the future..since Kemper started with one of the most successfull Sythesizers out there..

A Kemper II "as we know it" with with the usual profiling-abilities plus all the cabs/fx adding a second,a "new module" for synth-sounds of all kinds..

This "synth-module" should be more "string-instruments-oriented" than anything else.Like classical string instruments(most of all violin-stuff ofcourse,classical/flamenco nylon-guitars would be nice),ethno-stuff from all over the "world music",moog-like "Jan Hammer"-leads etc...all sounds which can be "bend" and "vibrated".

Ofcourse it would be nice to have also some pianos,trumpets,saxophones and "big-atmo-spheres" but there are already a lot of Midi-stuff for that.But looking into the many requests for a nice "lead violin" ...or (in my case) ethno-thing like an Oud,Lute or Bouzouki or (there are so many requests for this) a nice "authentical" Sitar..there is nothing really meaningfull out there and personally I believe that there is a big market for this.

• A look into the future..since Kemper started with one of the most successfull Sythesizers out there..

First - hopefully I do not need a Kemper 2 in near future ;)

I experiment with ability to play synth sound via the guitar.
    The best result at the moment I have found with PU's which gives seperate signals for each string like Roland GK3 or similar and a quick converter for the 13 pin plugs like TerraTec AXON AX 100 MK II or a Roland Guitar synthy.

At the moment I use a fishman TriplePlay wich has PU for strings seperatly .
    Its easy to mount on a guitar without drilling a hole.
    A disadvantage for me is the need of a notebook to get the sound.
    An advantage is that I need no cable, because the signaltransfer is via bluetooth.
    I would like a simple converter from buetooth to MIDI, so I could use any sound source without a PC. (Do not looking good at stage)
    Converter from Guitar signal to MIDI in poly mode without a computer or special Synth - I did not find one.

I think that the analyzing of a guitar signal in real time to define the tones including the playing technics like bending, palm mute etc. is not so easy to realize this function.

But to dream of it - I am with you. :)

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• @Sharry

Probably you interested in these company: I dont have there NU-Pickups (yet) but there XR which are the best I have ever tried with variable resonance frequency and peak.
    For me they are going in much more details than any other company with there design, it is open source and hardware, so if you produce it by yourself you can do it, but honestly that will be tough task for normal people like me.

please check their website on your own: http://www.cycfi.com/
    there is a facebook group too
    The owner response very fast and he knows a lot, he does not care about opinion he prefers the scientific way.

• One thing to note is that the Access doesn't really have a lot of string sounds, it's more synthesizer/piano oriented, going by the TI Snow that I own. Of course, there are one or two patches that I need to experiment with.

• Probably you interested in these company:

After reading at first I was a little confused - because I didn't find the connection to the topic ;)

But in principle it is an interesting page.

Special for people who built guitars or want to modify them. I am more a consumer who let built or modify . :)

• One thing to note is that the Access doesn't really have a lot of string sounds, it's more synthesizer/piano oriented, going by the TI Snow that I own. Of course, there are one or two patches that I need to experiment with.

you are a source of strange information my friend ... pianos from a virtual analog synthesizer? are you kidding me? ;) no, pianos are not the strength of a virtual analog synth and "synthesizer" is an generic word for, well, a synth ...

the virus delivers fine strings because substractive synthesis, which it utilises, was designed with that type of sound in mind.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• @Sharry

First of all..hello my friend..

I have tried all these roland stuff.Many of my friends playing the local ethno-stuff using all kinds of roland-midi thingis and some use even much more "sophisticated" laptop-vst-stuff..

I personally think this (no disrespect here) all is an utter disaster.The roland-stuff sounds cold,non-musical,and..I just dont like it.Even as all the tracking got "faster" and more accurate,no doubt about this.But I dont like it.Not to mention that I want my 2-3 "favorite guitars" to use for stuff which is this "playing from the heart"-thing..you know what I mean.A "cheaper" axe,sacrificied for this with all the drilling or "adding PUs" is not my way to go.

Actually I have read that Fractal is "on the way",they already delivered some very good violin-demos made by Dweezil Zappa...L6 has already some years ago started with their variaxes and special sitar etc presets (on their Vetta I think)..I thought back than that this would continue faster than it actually has because some of these sounds were really not bad.

Both companies dont have the experience Kemper has with synths.It would be a pitty if these two conpanies would manage to get into "new markets" (and believe me..there are new markets) for "alternative string instruments"-just using an acoustic or an electric going directly into the device and having as well rock sounds on your FC as well as some "weird" sounds-before Kemper does..

In my opinion the time is more than "ripe" to get into this.Till yet,whenever I tried "synthetical" instruments like a sitar sound or an oud there was also this "non-musical" behaviour(specially with roland) playing an empty drone-string while playing vertical lead stuff on the higher strings.These ethno-instruments have some special reaction to playing an empty bass string together with played higher strings.All these very musically and "reactive" overtones,harmonics,beautifull "interferences"-There is all the "sauce".and there is all the work which has to be done because untill yet it is not good.And who else could do this in a really musically way if not Kemper.Maybe a mix between modelling and profilling;I dont know but it should be now possible to get much closer to this than in the past..The new delays actually convinced me that the "next step" should be not that far away.

As for the "Kemper 2"..a new synth module sure would need much more CPU-fire power than what we have in the current KPA.This is how things go...τα παντα ρει ;)

• Actually I have read that Fractal is "on the way",they already delivered some very good violin-demos made by Dweezil Zappa...L6 has already some years ago started with their variaxes and special sitar etc presets

Hi Nikos. :)
    I have read in some forum that axe states they will not work on this topic further at this moment.
    I have a Line 6 Variax - they are not so bad and very practical.
    But for me its not a living sound. (personal taste!) I do not use it anymore.

I have a guitar with a Roland GK2 and a Roland synthy. Funny but also not living.
    Some artist made awesome music with such systems (Mac Loughlin in the 70/80ies) but this was not really popular music (but very good)

At the moment I use fishman TriplePlay. Not the really yellow of the egg. ;)
    But with strings- or with padsound in mix with the guitar I have a warm effect which even can not be make with the new Kemper (crystal) delays. (But need a Computer)
    For me it's like an effect but not a own instrument sound.

Let me say I dream since 40 years for a good system which I like. But who knows - maybe in this or in the next life ^^

• Fractal will "not work on it at the moment" but maybe tomorrow they will continue.. ;)

Fact is they tried and they failed.I am sure Kemper can do this much much better.Anyway..it is not a question of life & death..just a future request when "all work is done" and the KPA-guys sitting around in some lounge hanging around with drinks & chicks and dont know what to do next.. :D

• Synthi-Sounds Kemper I:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Every lead is Kemper. What's the problem folks? 8o;)

• Every lead is Kemper. What's the problem folks?

For single notes exist great gears - Kemper is on of them ;)
    For multi notes there exist some special possibilties in the KPA, but you must be a fan to be exited that the Kemper allows also such effects. ;)
    For me it sounds not really good. (surely also a matter of taste)

BTW: nice track :thumbup:

• Synthi-Sounds Kemper I:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Every lead is Kemper. What's the problem folks? 8o;)

Sounds great dear friend..

Like @paults already said I look indeed for "something" that "sculptures" stringed instruments in an accurate way.For example a sitar or a violin.

I now ofcourse that the profiler cant profile instruments,pedals & fx but there are some usable nylon-guitars in the RE.I gues this has been profiled through other modelers;

I believe that it is possible to "emulate" the sound/behaviour of acoustic string instruments..it must be a lots of R&D and a ton of work since you need dozens of high quality instruments,guys who know how to play them while they have also some engineering background or at least can give enough "input" for the developers to create..the programming must be a lots of work.I guess there would be also some little IR-measurement in play but the modelling/sculptering surely would need a lots of work to emulate the interaction of what happens exactly within an acoustic instrument.Enough for a whole team of developers.

A lot of musicians are waiting for this technology so..someone will do it sooner or later.I hope Kemper finds a way first..I hope this not only for reasons of "sympathy" but most of all I believe that these guys are the most capable to do it some day.After all @CK started with his world class Access Virus and came later to guitars.Fractal and L6 can only dream about this know how.. :/

• @Sharry
    Of course, it was an experiment. I also aware about that it is too much.
    But it was an experiment. And its allowed especially in Funk. My point of view.

I made it from all my effekt-sounds. And the kids with transparent Baseball-Caps and comical trousers love this track. 22 y.o girls tearing off their blouses. 8o:D
    They are the future: Not such old bodies like you and me. Hahahaha... jolly ;)

No, for my it was a surprise what it is possible with the Kemper.
    Polyphone Synth like the BOSS SY-300 and Roland GR-55 are not a real good solution. My personal opinion. So for me the possibillities of the Kemper are enough.

@paults
    Yes I understood @Nikos absolute and can follow his thought. But guitar and polyphony in common with 6 strings they will be successively sounding will be a problem every time.
    For that reason I have to admid my post was a little provocation but not with evil intentions. ;)

• I've been using Roland guitar synth gear for going on35 yrs. While not perfect I play in aa cover band and can cover quite a few string, piano, harmonica and horn parts on probably 15 songs a night. I have a FTP but have not started using it yet.