Kemper Floor Unit Profile PLAYER- Im ready to send the cash!

• I'm the OP. I've been reading the other posts. I just want to say that I would definitely be interested in a floor model that DOES profle. However, I was trying to be reasonable for Kemper. I understand that there would be limited space in a floor model and since it would be used for live use then, the profiling wouldn't be required. I think it would sell to those who are only interested in OR can only afford the floor model (assuming it was less expensive) AND I think it would sell to current Kemper owners who want to profile but would also appreciate the floor model for live gigs. Lots of AxeFx guys have also bought an AX8 for this very reason.

I understand there is a remote and I've considered that but here is my issue. I don't want to deal with hauling a rack and a pedalboard case and my guitar cases. I did that in the old days with amps,etc but these days I'm enjoying having everything on the pedalboard. I just think there's a market here. Lots of guys on Gear Page have mentioned it too. Obviously I'd prefer a lower price but personally, I'd buy it even if the price was the same. I just don't want to go back to a rack, which for me means I'd have to sell my Shure GLXD pedal board wireless and buy a racked version. I'd also have to buy a patch bay to access the I/O's on the rear of the Kemper rack. I'd also want a racked Furman. This is what I had with the Fractal. It was heavy. Then I had to run wires to and from my pedalboard where I had controller with expressions and other pedals. It was a 2 trip in and out nightmare. Now I have 1 trip with Atomic Amplifire, Eventide H9, midi pedal, volume, tuner/wireless, expression etc on the pedalboard. I love the setup. I would just like to achieve this but having access to the Kemper profiles that are available.

Come Kemper. Lets make it happen. Ha ha ha. Where do I send the check?

• I'd rather have a €500 piece of equipment on the floor where it can get covered in beer/water/sweat than a €2000 piece of equipment. I like to have that nice and safe behind me.

• I would buy one instantly!
    A player only would be perfect, I could upload from my main Kemper. No need for the profiling but I don't think it would take much extra to include it.

Something to compete with AxFx and Helix makes sense.

• Must have for me!

Even less gear to carry!
    Less cabling on stage!

But I hope no sacrafices in functionality and controls. It's perfect at the moment. Should remain easy accesable and no deep dive menu's

• If Kemper ever might build such a device they would have to use as many parts from already existing Kemper devices as possible to make it competitive for the market.

They already have two mainboard versions to be produced: one for the toaster and another for the rack. Producing a third version would make everything even more complex and that's expensive. For saving development and production costs they might try to combine the hardware of the toaster and the remote... so "only" another case would be necessary in which the toaster's mainboard and the "main" parts of the remote will fit.

If they would choose this kind of combination, a big problem would be, to make it "beer proof"... I assume most of the buttons are not and it's quite hard to seal them up.

Releasing a floorboard version without an option to create profiles would definetely not save costs. The only option to use a cheaper component would be the mode switch: they could use a 3-way switch instead of a 5-way switch (leave out "Tuner" and "Profiler"). All other components are necessary for other functions, so it's impossible to leave them out or use cheaper ones.

The software has to be the same as for the other versions and has to be developed/maintained anyway, so it's impossible to save costs at this point.

This means the (customers) price for a floorboard version (unpowered) has to be about the same as a toaster or rack plus a remote: I guess it would be at least 2000 €

A combination of toaster and remote hardware might look like this...

[u][b]THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL KEMPER DEVICE, JUST AN IDEA OF A KEMPER USER!

[Blocked Image: http://up.picr.de/28726139xw.jpg]

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL KEMPER DEVICE, JUST AN IDEA OF A KEMPER USER!

By the way: I won't buy such a device, because I'm happy with my rack version and MIDI controller ;)

• The top controls for mod del and reverb I never use.

Alternative: you could press the stomp you want to change and use the amp controls for this. It would save you 6 controls.

P.s: Don't forget a metal bar above the switches in order not to damage the controls while stepping on it :)

I really hope they will make a floor version

• +1 !

My kemper at home, floorboard for gigs. i am praying for it

i have a kemper, still bought a helix and sold it because the kemper sounds better to me.

announce a floorkemper and i will preorder today :D

• Great idea, I would buy one immediately if available.

The competition is already there though, as we discussed here a lot, check out the Line6 HX Stomp. Small, light, can go straight to PA.

I want that just with Kemper profiles. Hook the Kemper Stomp to the computer, load 10-20 profiles (with effects). Any configuration can be a menu diving one with very few knobs / buttons because people will not do it a lot.

Edit: Just looked at the HX Stomp manual, very interesting, they show it as a "DSP Expansion" hooked up to a Kemper on page 9:

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020…nual%20-%20English%20.pdf

Edited once, last by ToneDeaf ().

• +1 !

My kemper at home, floorboard for gigs. i am praying for it

if so: kemper take my money! Sometimes i canniot go with the head+foot controller+ guitar + bag for clothes... thst’s why i’m thinking about the amp1 from bluamp

• Edit: Just looked at the HX Stomp manual, very interesting, they show it as a "DSP Expansion" hooked up to a Kemper on page 9:

I'm looking at using the Stomp like this - just for time based effects.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams