Reamp issue by SPDIF input -> clicks and crackles

• Thanks.
    I am using Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB interface.

Who else with Focusrite intercafe is facing this crackles when reamping over S/PDIF?

@Michael_dk, @bvrede, @Cili, @GRStudios, @Maurizio70, @Forfeit_Productions - are you using Focusrite devices?

I just see so many complaints about the Focusrite devices with the Kemper, I'm not sure where the problem lies.

• Thanks.

Who else with Focusrite intercafe is facing this crackles when reamping over S/PDIF?

@Michael_dk, @bvrede, @Cili, @GRStudios, @Maurizio70, @Forfeit_Productions - are you using Focusrite devices?

I've just reamped a bunch of tracks these past days, without problems (at least I think so - I should go back and check thoroughly!!). But none of the profiles had active stomps in them, and I think that's the only time I've experienced the crackling myself.

• Thanks.

Fireface ufx here. There's a new problem even with 4.2 OS

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks.

I have a gen 1 focusrite scarlett 18i20. The only issues with the 'sizzling' noise is when I use spdif and I am previewing rigs or enabling/disabling stomps/effects. I have not incurred the issue while just reamping. I have not tried to duplicate the 'bug' using analog cables.

• Thanks.

I´m using Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and Scarlett 18i8. I never had any crackling (while turning on/off FX and switching rigs) before one of the latest Kemper updates.

• I'm running 5.1.1.12825 here and I could not replicate the stomp on/off noise, the mix knob noise or the crackling while reamping. All through s/pdif to Lynx E22 card.

I did however notice that the Green Scream sounds absolutely godawful now, never heard this before:
    https://soundcloud.com/nakedzen/kempergsnoise

GS: Drive 0, tone 3.0, mix 100%, vol +3

I agree with the Green Screaming like do do now. That sux cause it is the most 'used' 'popular'.

• Fireface ufx here. There's a new problem even with 4.2 OS

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use a Fireface too, so this is a bit disturbing. Perhaps there are cracks and crackles on my unit too, I haven't reamped in a while. I hope that Kemper jumps on this bug as soon as possible, it really renders the device unusable in a very critical usage situation.

• I had the issue with spdif and analog when using a Focusrite 6i6. In fact, I had the issue not just while reamping, but with the 6i6 in general, so it may not have been related to the Kemper at all (either the 6i6 or user error).

I exchanged it for the NI Komplete Audio 6 and haven't noticed the issue again. I only had a few hours to play around with the Komplete Audio 6, but so far no issues.

• I've only had my Kemper rack a week and I've found this issue. I really want to be able to re-amp with SPDIF. It seemed to be fine for the first few days but now Stomp distortions just create the horrid glitch sound. One way to hear it clearly is to bring up "Mouse" but turn the "Mix" to 0% - the harsh noise remains. Then bypass the stomp, sound goes away after 3 to 4 seconds. I've also noticed it will go away if you bypass the STACK section while keeping the stomp on.

This is a huge disappointment. I'm absolutely blown away by the sounds but if I can't reamp digitally and use a stomp box patch..

This seems to be an old, known issue that was not there in earlier firmware, how can this still be a bug in current firmware?

Please someone point me in the direction of a fix for this that isn't just "use the analogue IO" ?(

• Welcome.

Please open a support ticket regarding this issue - there's a link in my signature to the page where you can fill it out. The more people report the issue, the faster it will probably be fixed :)

• also getting clicks with 6i6 gen 1 and kpa on latest fw. I even tried it on my surface pro with the only usb port connected to 6i6 and theres still some very mild pops or clicks that happen consistently. Buffer settings make no difference. I went back to my m audio fw 1010 on desktop and everything works perfectly again. So its not spdif in general but something ab focusrite.

I have not tested toggling anything. It occurs while playing. Quite evident on sustained lead notes.

• Guys, this issue is well knowed, KPA team are trying to solve it, but probably it's not so easy.

The things that are 100% sure for the moment are:
    1) there is a faulty situation reamping throught SPDIF
    2) the fault is INDIPENDENT from the audio interface, it is a KPA problem that appears after release 4.2
    3) the fault is not always present and appears under certain combination of circumstances

Hope they will solve as soon as possible ... we have to be patient ...

• I think it's solved now 'cause I don't hear it anymore.

"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth" :D

• Well, I'm stil experiencing this on a motu 828x spdif in. Could it be related to drifting / misaligned digital clocks? Both devices are configured to run on 44khz. I didn't sync to an external word clock or something similar. Both are synced to their internal clocks. Also: the motu does 32bit whereas the Kemper does 16bit, right? Switching to a constant latency doesn't help either.