Hello from Taiwan, Kemper saved my guitar journey

• Dear All

I recently tried Kemper, and ordered one after two days' playing. I can't say how grateful I am to meet this miracle device.

I play mostly clean to little breakup. Days before Kemper arrived, I didn't have much options since clean tone depends mainly on the amp itself, another taste of clean tone means another amp, a lotta options mean a lotta amps. Kemper really saved my days. Now I can overlap different clean tones from Roland JC to different kinds of fenders' in a live looper gig with no hassle AND with confidence too. There are just too many great crispy,glassy yet warm clean tones for me to explore; an endless happiness.

Another bonus is that with a quality clean tone profile, low gain overdrive pedal before Kemper are exceptionally well handled to my ear (comparable with my old Roland JC-40), all the characters from different dirt pedals are represented decently. However not all the profiles & not all the range of pedal gain knob ate equally rendered I have to admit, but what I had experienced was perfect enough for me. Now I mainly use clean tone or breakup edge as usual, with two dirt pedals before Kemper for little gain stacking. Results are heart melting.

--

The only issue of placing pedal before Kemper is that my Xotic SP compressor didn't response like I would expect, but I'd like to keep the option (not always) of using compressor before dirt pedals. Since my dirt pedals are physical, placed before Kemper; the compressor must be a physical one too. If folks here have any positive experience with compressor pedals please share to me, million thanks : )

All in all, here is my story and I really really appreciate the efforts that Kemper team had made to come this far. I just love this product.

It's my pleasure to join this forum, thank you

----

Below is my setup, It's just arrived two days ago, so I am still doing experiment with my existing pedals

Telecaster >
    > Xotics SP compressor (mostly bypassed now)
    > Xotics EP booster (Unity Gain - for a clean preamp and buffered signal for the road)
    > Xotics AC booster comp (ver little gain)
    > Vemuram Galea Overdrive (little gain for stacking)

> Kemper (clean or breakup)

after Kemper I use stereo effect loop for analog phaser, analog delay, timeline delay and nuenaber reverb.

• Welcome.
    You can put the Drive Pedals in the Loop and put the Loop before the Stack (Amp) section if you're not using the Loop otherwise.
    That way you could put a compressor before or after your own drive pedals inside the kemper.
    Maybe after some playing with the new Kemper delays (make sure you got the newest OS) you can reduce your setup.
    I'm not saying the kemper can cover all sounds your other devices can produce 100%. What it comes down to is if you need a specific effect provided by the timeline or another of your devices that the kemper can't produce.
    It took me some time but I sold a Strymon Timeline and a Strymon Mobius because for me the Kemper Effects were all I needed.
    If you have the time, try them ;)

• Thanks for the sharing! It's VERY inspiring to know that the loop block can be moved around : )
    I read the full manual like 10 times, guess I just can't remember whatever feature i need at the right time.

As for the usage of external effects, I do agree with you; Kemper's new delay algorithms are amazing!
    Modulation are definitely top-notch; so good that I sold Mobius right away too, I only kept my the other analogue phaser :whistling:

The reverb part has something left to desired ...but I believe that Kemper team has a great update plan on the road map.
    If I'm going to a island, Kemper is all I need for sure (with a guitar, of course)

---

Actually there's one little reason for my passion to pedals ...my job is to design effects pedals.
    I love all pedals out there. Watching their design logic inspiring each other as a little eco system is overwhelming to me.
    I appreciate every little improvement or just a difference from every brand, I can feel their joy and pain.

In fact I tried Kemper just because of a duty call for research ...I forgot my job right away after the first note.

I was so blown away that ended up join the community. :D

• Hi qstudio352. Welcome to huge Kemper family. :thumbup:
    As I started with the Kemper I tried also to use my pedals (Xotic Booster, MXR Compressor and Strymon Timeline).
    Now I have sold all my pedals.

The internal boosters of the Kemper are extremely good and the new delay can be almost everything the Timeline can.
    I use only one MXR Talk Box, otherwise everything is switched with the Kemper Remote and I am very happy with it.

(Sorry for my bad english ...)

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband