Why don't Kemper sell the power amp separately?

• Given that they insert power amps into Kempers and then sell them as powered units, why can't I purchase a purpose-built Kemper power amp from Kemper? Or do they sell them, but they're hard to find on their product pages? It seems a bit odd having to go 3rd party. Or are the ones in the powered Kempers supplied from a 3rd party?

• If you (or even we) would retrofit the power amp into Head or Rack, the device would lose it's electrical certifications. So, it's a legal issue. In addition for customs authorities Head and Racks are effect devices while PowerHead and PowerRack are amplifiers, which opens another can of worms.

• Even if you would know which power amp it is ... there is more around it: Making sure, that there is sufficient cooling, Additional proprietary circuits for example to adapt to various voltages, making sure, that electrical power cannot get in contact with the metal housing. If you manipulate the unit you would be loosing electrical certifications. We strongly believe, there is no business case for this.

• You aren't totally out of luck. I have the Camplifier 290 in my Kemper and it works fantastic. I run it in 180 watt bridged mono mode. I have powered a 4x12 previously and currently am using a 2x12 cabinet. It is plenty loud.
    http://ritteramps.com/camplifier/camplifier-290/

Mee too.
    The Camplifier 290 is awesome. I'm using a 2x12 soldano cabinet with Eminence Legends and I'm getting the best tones since I bought my kemper 2 years ago.