really want to buy this pack, but if have so many Profiles
    that i must be sure if it fit my needs
    Thanks

• can anyone tell me how many Profiles are in for Humbuckres
    and if they are all Hi Gain or if they are crunch ones too
    really want to buy this pack, but if have so many Profiles
    that i must be sure if it fit my needs
    Thanks

can't remember the exact number ..but there's one folder for LP (humbucking) and one for tele (single coil) with equal amounts (or nearly..) of profiles in each they vary from clean,slightly dirty,crunch and dirty ...
    Hope this helps .. maybe subscribe to amp factory and get the freebies to try ?

• 122 for SC and another 122 for humbuckers. No high gain, strictly speaking, but some dirty lead for classic rock, blues-rock and pop, and plenty of clean or crunch for blues or roots. The rigs are doubled then, but some work better with SCs than with humbuckers. Obviously subjective. Great pack.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• 122 for SC and another 122 for humbuckers. No high gain, strictly speaking, but some dirty lead for classic rock, blues-rock and pop, and plenty of clean or crunch for blues or roots. The rigs are doubled then, but some work better with SCs than with humbuckers. Obviously subjective. Great pack.

Are they the same profiles tweaked differently?

• Are they the same profiles tweaked differently?

Yes - I would say so - you can go back and forth between the similarly named patches in the two folders and the Eq settings on the front panel of the KPA do not change but the brightness etc of the patch does. These have been dialed in for the respective pickup styles SC vs HB.

So for example, the third patch in each list - 2Rock Clean, definition is 7.0 for the HB and 6.1 for the tele.

As far as the sound of these with humbuckers I am seriously impressed - the sound of these with a 335 or an LP is just superb. Classic rock tones of every stripe. Andy is not kidding about his new setup.

• So less definition then for SC's and more for HB's.
    good stuff for a tutorial thanks for posting

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• So less definition then for SC's and more for HB's.
    good stuff for a tutorial thanks for posting

Ash

Yeah. Andy did that in some previous rigs too, which had LP and Strat folders. And he suggests in his web we play with definition to adapt rigs. And Britt too.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

Edited once, last by CJGOMEZ ().

• Definition is an important part of the profiler, Like a real amp, you set the controls to suit whatever guitar, environment your playing in. - and a profile is then captured from this point. - but then playing this with a different style of guitar may or may not work too well.

humbuckers are more wounded pickups, so this makes them darker, singlecoils are brighter. - the definition is a good way to tell a singlecoil guitar to make it darker, and vice versa with a humbucker. - it brings the guitar backinto the range that is required.

of course this is not a "humbucker maker button or a Singlecoil Maker button" but it really helps with that.

Likewise the Definition is also useful on other things too. - such as if you want bit of a "flabby" tone or "loose" then you can roll down the definition to get you there. or if your wanting more modern "chugga" sort of thing, then roll up the definition as it will make the sound tighter.. but beware as it will also attenuate the low end and boost the upper mids/highs and might make the sound harsh!

Lots of things to play with. :)

Cool!.

• Yes - I would say so - you can go back and forth between the similarly named patches in the two folders and the Eq settings on the front panel of the KPA do not change but the brightness etc of the patch does. These have been dialed in for the respective pickup styles SC vs HB.
    So for example, the third patch in each list - 2Rock Clean, definition is 7.0 for the HB and 6.1 for the tele.

As far as the sound of these with humbuckers I am seriously impressed - the sound of these with a 335 or an LP is just superb. Classic rock tones of every stripe. Andy is not kidding about his new setup.

Ha!, thankyou good sir. - Indeed this set is special. Im glad its made you guys happy. - Thanks for the nice feedback though and helping to spread the word!. appreciate it.

A

• Is it just me going crazy or does VOXY VOXY (pack 11) sound FUNKY as hell on the Strat, all as i did was turn the gain down (left a bit of dirt)
    The dynamics are jumping out , use a Strat or tele, do the pick up just before the neck

I dont know if Andy intended it for that, but it makes you want to dance and pick up chicks dam it. :D
    Can some one try voxy voxy and let me know if you like funk absolutely killer, turn the gain down.

I cant work out why some profiles just are there with the dynamics and just leave others for dead.
    Nice Job Andy

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The samples are downloadable in the other thread "Profil-ing" on one of my posts, so go ahead and download them.

Cheers
    A

Hi Andy,

I can't seem to find that thread. Can you link to it as I'm very keen to see what you're up to.

Cheers,

Mats N