Direct and merged profile question

• Hi everyone,

Still battling away with my Kemper. Back with more noob questions.

I've found that I really like the combination of direct profiles and ownhammer profiles loaded in Logic -as good as any real amp I've recorded. Basically this is what I expected out of the Kemper. Breakthrough!

A question: Is a merged profile able to be a direct profile (I know they have a direct component) if the cab is turned off? -BTW I've found regular profiles with the cab off to be disappointing with IRs.

Another question: I've looked around and found some commercial providers of direct profiles. Most focus on metal amps. Are there any suppliers of more vintage amps?

thanks!

• I think you miss the point. A merged profile is a studio and DI profile put together to separate the cabinet element. To add an IR, I would just use a DI profile and then format the IR for the Kemper

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I think you miss the point. A merged profile is a studio and DI profile put together to separate the cabinet element. To add an IR, I would just use a DI profile and then format the IR for the Kemper

Right, I did read that I can load an IR into the Kemper. I'll definitely look at adding IRs to direct profiles in future,

My main intention right now is getting more direct profiles, or merged ones, if they can be used like a direct profile. Don't mind that my process is a touch convoluted right now as i'm just trying to find something I like in this box.