Have I damaged my Audio Interface? (solved)

• I have just bought a Kemper Powerhead after months of research and procrastination. I upgraded the OS successfully. I was then exploring the onboard profiles using the headphone socket, before deciding on buying or adding any more. Fabulous. I then wanted to hear it through my PC and put the headphones there. I connected the output jack of the Kemper to the input of my Roland Quad Capture, and the headphones to that. Nothing. Then I connected the monitor out to the input. I got a signal. Great! I couldn't understand why the main Output jack didn't work (I didn't use XLR), but I parked that. Then I wondered if it was worth turning off the power amp as I wasn't currently using it. It took me a while to find the option but I found it. Then suddenly, nothing came out of the PC to my headphones any more. Thinking I'd inadvertently switched something off, I went through the output menu and made sure everything was switched on. It is. Then I realised that NOTHING is playing on my PC. I can't hear any music; if I put my guitar direct in, I hear a dry signal and the signals light up but my old Amplitude software doesn't see it. And if I switch back to the Kemper, it doesn't even send a dry signal any more.

Now I'm left with nothing but the headphones. Could I have damaged something somewhere? Overloaded something?

Kemper Powered Head / Stage / Powered Kabinet

• Semi-solved. After three re-boots the audio interface works again, with the guitar too; but my Kemper cannot be heard on the monitor output through the same input. I must have disabled something but I just cannot work out what.

Kemper Powered Head / Stage / Powered Kabinet