Big thumbs up for Tylers cabs

• The title says it all.
    Because they are so good Ive actually found myself going FRFR with my band.
    They sound utterly fantastic at volume through the pa.
    I just hope he can get his hands on some other cabs and do the biz with them....(Something like a Boogie or other 'oversized' jobbie)
    Anyway, thanks Tyler.
    Im now officially an FRFR guy.

• The title says it all.
    Because they are so good Ive actually found myself going FRFR with my band.
    They sound utterly fantastic at volume through the pa.
    I just hope he can get his hands on some other cabs and do the biz with them....(Something like a Boogie or other 'oversized' jobbie)
    Anyway, thanks Tyler.
    Im now officially an FRFR guy.

Thats cool FRFR is finally working for you :) Do you find you need to use the parametric eq to tame the highs and lows? Dynamically speaking how does it feel? is it the same feel as going through a power amp and 4x12 or does it feel compressed? Is it a very different sound to an amp and cab and convenience aside do you think it sounds as good as going through an amp and cab?. Finally I find the difference through an amp and cab verses when i had an ultra was night and day in kempers favour, would you say that is true for frfr? sorry for all the questions :thumbup:

• Thats cool FRFR is finally working for you :) Do you find you need to use the parametric eq to tame the highs and lows? Dynamically speaking how does it feel? is it the same feel as going through a power amp and 4x12 or does it feel compressed? Is it a very different sound to an amp and cab and convenience aside do you think it sounds as good as going through an amp and cab?. Finally I find the difference through an amp and cab verses when i had an ultra was night and day in kempers favour, would you say that is true for frfr? sorry for all the questions :thumbup:

No I don't use any eq to tame the highs and lows. That is one of the biggies for me. With the axefx I had to do so much eq to go FRFR it just was not nice at all. I ended up using power amp/cab and even then had to tame the highs.
    Im using an atomic FRFR as monitor and going into the band pa (nothing special, a Yamaha 01v and RCF 315s and Mackie subs) and no it doesn't feel compressed. It is different to the amp and cab alone, but it is very much the same as when I play bigger gigs and my amp is miced through the pa. I never liked FRFR at all with the axefx. I was ok with it through power amp/cab but when I realised I may as well take an amp head if I was taking all that gear I went back to my valve amps.
    IMHO KPA (with my amp profiles)>power amp>cab is so close to my real amp as to make no difference. The axefx is nowhere near in that respect.
    FRFR I dislike the axefx full stop.I spent days sifting through cab after cab, messing with eq etc. and it always felt and sounded wrong.Love the KPA. Its open and sings with the right cabs (In my case, the palmer PDI03, TillS Marshall cabs and the Steavens cab). Im trying to organise a profiling session with our sound guy to set my gear up as I do at larger miced up gigs and get him to mic and eq it to his specs.
    Bear in mind my background is very much as a live player. I leave recording/ mixing etc to the experts.
    This is the first piece of 'modelling' gear Ive owned that hasn't met with the response of 'your amp sounds better' from the bandmates or sound man, they all agree it sounds just the same.
    In terms of feel and response I couldn't be happier.
    Through the atomic FRFR at reasonable volume and upwards (bear in mind the profiles I use are with the master running loud so they can sound a bit smooth at low levels) it feels like an amp, really it does. Not like a 4x12 (It can't move as much air as its just a 1x12 and tweeter), but defo like a great combo. I reckon with an extension cab it would complete the 4x12 feeling.

• Thanks very much for the info i think ill give FRFR another whirl at some point now :) Tyler's cabs do sound excellent

• Today I went through all the Marshall Profiles and added Tyler cabs to all of them.

It's crazy, Pro made Profiles like Uwe's JCM800 and JTM45 are completely transformed by using Tyler's cabs...his cabs are on steroids. :)

• IMHO the profiles that came with the KPA are excellent 'studio' sounding cabs.
    Tylers cabs sound very much like a very well miced live cab to me, which is exactly why I like them so much. They have a zing and a life to them that the factory ones don't

• I'm finding Tyler's first cab profile goes very well with my direct out profile of my Showman. The actual cab I use is a Bassman 100 4 x12 with Utah speakers (tried to do a quiet profile of this but it was crap). I'm amazed by how much good stuff we're amassing through user profiles.

Vintage amp obsessive

• Nice to read this all. When using 2 monitors (in my case 2K12) IMHO you can get the same air moving as with a 4 x 12 cab. I will gig next saturday with the Kemper at a large venue. I will try my favourite rigs with Till's cabs before that.....

• All I can say: +1
    In 3 of the 4 rigs I use I use Till's cabs. The KPA is the FIRST unit that sounds good using FRFR with our crappy PA in rehearsal room, I dunno why :D With a good PA at gigs it rocks so hard :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Tonight I tried my fav rigs with Tylers cabs. Waaauuuuhhh!!!! Especially the OD / heavy sounds are awesome. Thanks a lot.