How much would using a V30 cab model to FOH help match the actual sound of my V30 loaded guitar cab?

• Hello again. :D

I'm trying to justify buying a FRFR cab, but I think I owe my v30 guitar cab a shot first. I have always been a V30 guy. I played all my Marshalls through V30s, my current Bassman, etc.

In theory, I feel like if I tune the Kemper to sound good through my V30 cab using direct profiles, and then use a v30 cab sim to FOH, they should sound reasonably similar, right?(This would be a stop-gap solution until I decide on a FRFR cab.)

I'm not worried about the amps being 100% authentic to the original amp that was modeled. I just want to lessen the discrepancy between FOH signal and my stage sound. I won't always have in ears to monitor the FOH feed.

Thanks!

• I think you have a good idea.
    • You can use a Studio or Merged rig that contains a V30 cab, and turn the cabinet off in the Monitor Output. Use the Monitor EQ to fine tune the sound to your guitar cabinet.

• One thing to keep in mind: You don't want your FOH signal to sound just like your cabinet sounds to you onstage. Instead, you want it to sound like a really well miked V30 cabinet, so it will fit into the mix well.
    • I think you have a good idea.
    • You can use a Studio or Merged rig that contains a V30 cab, and turn the cabinet off in the Monitor Output. Use the Monitor EQ to fine tune the sound to your guitar cabinet.

• One thing to keep in mind: You don't want your FOH signal to sound just like your cabinet sounds to you onstage. Instead, you want it to sound like a really well miked V30 cabinet, so it will fit into the mix well.

Awesome. Tomorrow I finally get to crank the Kemper and hear it through the cab. I have only been messing with it through IEMs since it arrived. Very excited.