Any Stevie Ray Vaughan experts out there?

• The rotary speaker in the Kemper is stellar so I would use that with the mix set around 50%. I would probably start with a blackface type amp and add a screamer in the stomp slot. SRV often used a Fender Vibratone in conjunction with another amp so the 50% mix should emulate that a bit. Start without the screamer for the rhythm parts if it's too dirty. He used big strings so he could dial amps in kinda bright but the big strings kept them from sounding thin. Here's a profile that I did a while back to emulate his sound a bit.

66 Pro Reverb 4 SRV - 2017-03-17 09-51-41.kipr.zip

Saving this post for later!

• My question (just a question) was: are we gonna see all rigs seller pop in our conversation to make promo on their stuff when we discuss here as users?

It includes ''respected rig SELLERS''

I just happened upon this thread and I'm really confused. I'm a commercial profiler and was under the impression after I'd had a warning from the administrators here that it was against the forum rules for commercial sellers to enter into these discussions. How is it that Michael and Andy can do so but I got a warning?

M

• I just happened upon this thread and I'm really confused. I'm a commercial profiler and was under the impression after I'd had a warning from the administrators here that it was against the forum rules for commercial sellers to enter into these discussions. How is it that Michael and Andy can do so but I got a warning?

M

Marcus, Michael and Andy’s comments were back in 2017 which I think was before the rules either changed or were more tightly enforced. I personally think the rule is ridiculous. Guys like you and them have an amazing amount of knowledge to add to the community. As long as this is done without blatant self promotion of products I would rather have you in the conversation than not.

• well we equipt TRV (SRV offcical touring tribute) - with a setlist of exclusive rigs for this purpose, - Mostly fender brownface and blackface delux's with a few editions.

With SRV you need the tightness of the bass strings but looseness of the others, its hard to get via a normal rig (He used varible string gauges same as Hendrix used too), so a lot of post is needed, - but you can start with putting your strat on the neck, raising the "Clarity" and "Definition" until you get a equal balance of his !Quack! sound.., then adjust from that point..

Good luck though!

Are those rigs all instant-ready (without pedalboard before the kemper) or are those rigs amps recorded on the edge of distortion which are to be used with pedals in front of the kemper?