Using 'general' IRs

• Hi,

Let me know if that's already possible. If not, then I'd like to raise a feature request.

Can I load 'general' IRs with the KPA like the Ownhammers, Redwirez or anything that was done with an AxeFx?
    That would be cool if we could use the stuff that's provided by the Fractal user community ;)

Thanks,

M.

• In short: no you can't. And I do not see a reason to do it, the cabs in the KPA are in feel and response (IMHO) well above the traditonal IR's. I've tested it using Convolver or other IR loader in my DAW with Redwirez IRs and switching off the cab from the Kemper.... Lot better the KPA ones. IMO, YMMV.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I can see why a lot of ppl who already own commercial IRs would like this (I own a lot of them too), and I daresay it would probably be quite easy to implement in one of the fx slots, but honestly there is a night and day difference between IRs and the KPA cabs (IMHO).
    I hated FRFR with IRs. Just too unnatural for me. With the KPA cabs Im finally getting right into it.

• I also really think it should not be possible to load IRs. I really loved producing with the Red Wirez Cabs, but after switching to the KPA i would say that this method is lightyears ahead. I think it would be a pity to hear the KPA to stay beyond its possibilities by using IRs. I you really need that sound, you could just hook up your KPA with your DAW and profile your IRs there.

But i agree that we need more modern cabs. After the ones i did i would really love to profile some other high end cabs. I have been searching for equipment rentals near me, but no luck yet.