FW 5.2.0.12879 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• 5.2.0.12879 Public Beta published

Thank you, Burkhard & team.

This new Public Beta is introducing a few fixes. It is available via Rig Manager automated update process, if Beta is selected in Rig Manager preferences. You could also download the upgrade package from our download page -select Operating System beta Versions - and then upgrade via USB stick.

User Interface

fixed: rare USB transmission errors in communication with Rig Manager
    fixed: QUICK button threshold for holding increased
    fixed: output volumes linked to Master Volume maintaining their volume relations more reliably

• I wonder what in particular that means

I faced some quirks on USB bus with RM connected to Kemper - I will check how it behaves after update.

• fixed: rare USB transmission errors in communication with Rig Manager

I faced some quirks on USB bus with RM connected to Kemper - I will check how it behaves after update.

Just yesterday I installed RM on a new MacBook Pro 2016 and connected the Kemper via USB cable to a small USB hub and the hub with an USB-A to USB-C cable to the computer. During the initial sync of profiles (I have around 800 on Kemper) it froze around the 450 mark. I had to ForceQuit RM, restart the Kemper and then it continued until the end without any other problems.

• I wonder what in particular that means

I have had a lot of troubles with performance managing in RM. Not sure, if this was the issue. I dont dare touching my performance, as it works right now and it was not easy to get there.
    We will see what the future brings.. Still wondering about the increased second number for only three "rare issues"... I guess, there is more behind the scenes.

• I have had a lot of troubles with performance managing in RM. Not sure, if this was the issue. I dont dare touching my performance, as it works right now and it was not easy to get there.We will see what the future brings.. Still wondering about the increased second number for only three "rare issues"... I guess, there is more behind the scenes.

For me "rare USB transmission errors in communication with Rig Manager" sounds more like problems with conenctions, dropuots not - in doesn't touch Pefromance management in my opinion.