Searching Stomp Categories

• Hello everyone! My first proper post here after a long time lurking around. I'm an ex Fractal Ultra owner and now for some time a proud Kemper and Helix owner. I've been playing since I was 16 and I'm now in my 50s, all I can say what wonderful tools these are and what a fantastic time it is to be a guitar player!

I want to ask a question about searching through the stomps. Is there any way to skip through whole categories of stomps instead of having to scroll through hundreds of stomps to find the one you want? I know the left and right RIG buttons help but it still a pretty slow process. 1 and 2 soft buttons in the stomp type menu seem to be free, these would be perfect for navigating backwards and forwards through the different stomp groups.

Thanks for your help.

• Hello everyone! My first proper post here after a long time lurking around. I'm an ex Fractal Ultra owner and now for some time a proud Kemper and Helix owner. I've been playing since I was 16 and I'm now in my 50s, all I can say what wonderful tools these are and what a fantastic time it is to be a guitar player!

I want to ask a question about searching through the stomps. Is there any way to skip through whole categories of stomps instead of having to scroll through hundreds of stomps to find the one you want? I know the left and right RIG buttons help but it still a pretty slow process. 1 and 2 soft buttons in the stomp type menu seem to be free, these would be perfect for navigating backwards and forwards through the different stomp groups.

Thanks for your help.

This is what I suggested while ago. Does it follow your idea?

[Blocked Image: http://s21.postimg.org/nb4tx7gfr/stomps.jpg]

1st soft button would always take us to first DISTORTION on the list and would be lit in red (possible?) and would have DIST label underneath
    2nd soft button would always take us to first EQ type stomp on the list and would be lit in green (possible?) and would have EQ label underneath
    3rd soft button would always take us to first CHORUS type stomp on the list and would be lit in purple (possible?) and would have CHOR label underneath
    4rd soft button would always take us to first PHASER type stomp on the list and would be lit in blue (possible?) and would have PHA label underneath

So if user invokes "Select stomp boxes" windows by turning TYPE and presses 3rd button he would be transferred to first chorus on the list.
    From there (1st CHORUS) if user presses 1st button he is transferred to first DISTORTION stomp - which in this scenario is after last let's say WAH types stomps.
    To go back to "Wah Wah" user would have to scroll left with BROWSE knob.

The requirement here is to divide all stomps available into 5 categories (if not done yet). DIST EQ CHOR PHA - just examples.
    Button number X moves user to first stomp X+1 category where X>0 and X<5 meaning X{1,2,3,4)

• Yes. something similar. I was thinking just two buttons, next category previous category would be enough.

My solution allows to omit for example dirt boxes, which do much noise while browsing, when you're on a moderate gain rig.

There isn't a room for text labels though. Soft buttons could be working this way or another, but this text DIST EQ CHOR PHA wouldn't fit there.

And welcome to the community!