5.2.0.12879 issues - darn it!

• the master volume knob when the power amp was engaged was not very responsive. A noticeable latency when turning and the display updating

I've definitely noticed this same knob issue as well.

Which FW rollback did you go back to that is working fine?

Frank, my particular issue IS with the powered KPA, the only model I've owned.

Gary ô¿ô

• I've definitely noticed this same knob issue as well.
    Which FW rollback did you go back to that is working fine?

Frank, my particular issue IS with the powered KPA, the only model I've owned.

What is this "same knob issue"? @Voojagig has reported initially, that he was not able to raise Master Volume above 0.0 at all and later that Master Volume was not very responsive, which doesn't sound even like the same issue!? Very confusing. If it doesn't move at all, this could be caused by no output being linked to it.

I suggest each of you with issues opens a separate support ticket and describe exactly their situation and attach a backup of the error state.

• The Master Volume knob "issue" is not a big deal to me, manageable. That's why I don't care to open a support ticket over it.

What I meant was that in my case there are times when I turn the MV knob and there is a definite lag in movement of the indicator bar and therefore the volume (my level has never been stuck at 0.0, or any other value, as @Voojagig indicated). It's not a big problem to me, just an observation.

Gary ô¿ô

• The Master Volume knob "issue" is not a big deal to me, manageable. That's why I don't care to open a support ticket over it.

What I meant was that in my case there are times when I turn the MV knob and there is a definite lag in movement of the indicator bar and therefore the volume (my level has never been stuck at 0.0, or any other value, as @Voojagig indicated). It's not a big problem to me, just an observation.

I can verify this as well. It actually makes leveling volumes between guitarists kind of a pain in a live setting.

• Sorry to clarify these are almost two issues I'm reporting that seemed linked, and I will hopefully get some time to roll back to 5.2 to see if I can replicate the issue and open a support ticket. To answer someone else's question I rolled back to 5.1.1 which was the last non-beta release.

Issues:

• Turn on Kemper, no sound out of cab. Turning master volume knob up opens the master volume level display but numbers stay at 0.0 and still no sound out of cab regardless of how much it is turned.
    • After restarting the Kemper (because there is no sound) turning the master volume knob does result in sound coming out and the numbers increasing but it takes a large turn and a delay of about a a second before the display updates and sound comes out. After that I can get sound out but the reaction of the knob isn't as smooth as normal. Was particularly noticeable after rolling back and seeing how it reacted then which is much more responsive.

My wonder is more about whether the firmware issue is introducing a problem in data from the master volume knob either not being received or not being acted on correctly. I always turn my volume down to zero to avoid loud pops when turning off/on so if no update from the knob is getting through then it would remain on 0.

• Sorry to clarify these are almost two issues I'm reporting that seemed linked, and I will hopefully get some time to roll back to 5.2 to see if I can replicate the issue and open a support ticket. To answer someone else's question I rolled back to 5.1.1 which was the last non-beta release.

Issues:

• Turn on Kemper, no sound out of cab. Turning master volume knob up opens the master volume level display but numbers stay at 0.0 and still no sound out of cab regardless of how much it is turned.
    • After restarting the Kemper (because there is no sound) turning the master volume knob does result in sound coming out and the numbers increasing but it takes a large turn and a delay of about a a second before the display updates and sound comes out. After that I can get sound out but the reaction of the knob isn't as smooth as normal. Was particularly noticeable after rolling back and seeing how it reacted then which is much more responsive.

My wonder is more about whether the firmware issue is introducing a problem in data from the master volume knob either not being received or not being acted on correctly. I always turn my volume down to zero to avoid loud pops when turning off/on so if no update from the knob is getting through then it would remain on 0.

Is this issue connected to the expression pedal issue we were discussing? Or separate?

• I see no relation to pedals. This one is output volume related.

@Voojagig When you turn on and there is no sound and the Master Volume doesn't raise above 0.0 and there is no sound from your cab .... where is your relevant Monitor Output Volume at that time in terms of dB?
    What is the source of the Monitor Output?
    Is Monitor Output Volume linked to Master Volume at all?

Master Volume is only the master volume control of outputs linked to it. What you describe could be normal, if no output volume is linked to Master Volume. And Monitor Output Volume is the relevant volume for the signal feeding the internal power amp. The same signal is shared between Monitor Output and internal power amp.

• I had my first glitch-free gig in 3 months last night, no volume loss issue!! I don't know if this is at all related to this success, but during each break I turned the KPA off and re-booted for each subsequent set.

Gary ô¿ô

• Just recently been able to upgrade to 5.2.0.12879 (the release not beta this time) and had the same issue at rehearsal again. I've raised a support request. Remote is attached and one expression pedal is set to volume pedal but moving the volume pedal makes no difference. What was different this time was that when I went to make the video turning the Master Volume knob heavily seemed to fix the issue and I suddenly had sound. Here's the video for those interested

Master Volume Unresponsive Video

• Had a response from Burkhard suggesting the same, hadn't realised it would have that effect and also that it would change between FW versions. Also weirdly in the past I'd been able to stop it from doing that (on this FW version) by rebooting the device which doesn't make sense. Will check the output monitor out link though.

• Update: several gigs later I find that each time I boot up the KPA (even in practice), I must re-calibrate my 2 Exp pedals AND re-link Wah > Volume. Why are these calibrations and "linkings" not being retained?

Gary ô¿ô

• I had a problem with the calibration too. When i switched of my kpa the calibration gets lost. It looses the last 5% of range. I opened a ticket and i have sent a picture to Burkhart. The answer was quit easy. Burhart has seen that i used a selfmade trs cable for one of my mission pedals and he recommended to change the cable to a original new one. What can i say, stupid me, i changed the cable and from this point i never had the issue.