R.I.P Chuck Berry...

• Chuck Berry, one of the, if not THE, founding father of Rock'n'Roll, died peacefully today at age 90...

Another legend gone...

RIP. Respect.

Chuck Berry & Bruce Springteen in 1995.
    You have to see the look on all the musicians playing with him, total awe and admiration to have this opportunity. Pretty special.

Side note and trivial fact, I bought my red Tokai because it was a replica of the model he was playing (Gibson 335, I think).

• To be one of the pioneers of Rock and Roll and live till your 90 is unbelievable
    Show me one Rock and Roller TODAY that would live until he is 90!!

I always wonder in these cases they must have STRONG genetics to have lived a lifestyle like he would have AND STILL
    survive that long, maybe with out booze and with a good diet he would of lived over 100.

Still he will be missed by many.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• To be one of the pioneers of Rock and Roll and live till your 90 is unbelievable
    Show me one Rock and Roller TODAY that would live until he is 90!!

Hello Ash,

Well, I am pretty sure that the grim reaper has had Keith Richards in his sights for quite some time...but Keith keeps zigging and zagging. It also is a distinct possibility that he has already semi-embalmed himself, through his past chemical infusions of elixirs, nostrums and tonics of highly illicit nature. :P^^

But in all seriousness, may Chuck Berry repose in God's loving embrace.

• Hi Mate, There are only going to be TWO things alive after a nuclear war brother
    Cockroaches and Keith Richards :D

I think it will be a LONG time before Chuck's influence leaves us, may this part of him live for 90 years more.
    For Chuck!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yup. No pathogen is dim-witted enough to even attempt to live in Keith's semi-preserved body. There'll be no need to hurry his funeral date post-death. Formaldehyde won't be necessary either. I often marvel at the fact that at least some intestinal bacteria must be surviving the onslaught or else he'd be dead. Perhaps he already is, but then again, said bacteria could simply be of the alcohol-metabolising varieties.

Speaking of Keith, he said, and I'll have to paraphrase him as I'm going by memory, "It's hard to talk about Chuck Berry 'cause I've lifted every riff he ever wrote".

Says it all, really. RIP Chuck.

• Once Keith secretly picked up Chuck's guitar....
    Chuck caught him and punched Keith...
    (Chuck warned that no one touches his guitar lol)

later Keith said it was one of chuck's greatest hits!!
    (True Story)
    :D

Ash

• "If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." —John Lennon

• Yes. Very sad. The impacts coming nearly. ;)
    Here a little private live jam with him, where we can see him and his charakter. :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How old is Buddy Guy now? Not to name actor Kirk Douglas who may outlive his son! But sure, there are too many legends in their 70s....

According to google
    80 years
    born 30 July 1936

lets not forget Willie Nelson too!

Ash

• Whats the worse thing Willie Nelson can say after having sex with you?
    Answer: I am not Willie Nelson :D

Looking back at how many artist were influenced by chuck is astounding...
    Brian Setzer etc.

Ash

• Looking back at how many artist were influenced by chuck is astounding...
    Brian Setzer etc.

But let's not forget that Chuck actually got his new "sound" from a timely phone call from one of his cousins... :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.