Using Axe FX8 4CM with my Kemper power Rack.

• Hello there.

New on the site and new on the Kemper.

Have to say I am more than happy with it. I am running it using my Randall cab and turning off the cab emulation. Pretty happy with it.

I have a question that maybe somebody could answer..

I would like to use my fractal audioFx8 MKII with the Kemper. I would like to use it with the 4 cables method so I can add effect in the pre and post amp.

I know you can put a Loop in the kemper STOMPS or EFFECTS slots... The question is, will this allow me to add some FUZZ in the pre and work with the reverbs and delays in the post? Is it possible?

I would really apreciate any help or comments. Sorry if this questions has been discussed in other threads. I have make a search and did not find anything.

So, thanks in advance.

BEST

JJ

Edited once, last by BIGLAZYROBOT ().

• Are you willing to use any effect in the KPA beside the amp profiles?
    I think that there are some different approaches that you can use.

By the way that how I'd do, in order to be able to use a bit of tone shaping in the some section:
    1) set the KPA monitor out as "Stack" in the output section
    2) place a Loop (i'd use a distortion one, but you are free to experiment) in the Mod Stomp and activate it, setting it to 100% wet. This way you can alway use the KPA Delays if you are willing to to that.
    3) try with these connections:
    -Guitar--->FX8 IN 1
    -FX8 OUT1---KPA in
    -KPA monitor out (remember, set as "Stack" in the output section)--->FX8 IN 2
    -FX OUT 2--->KPA return. Here you can go either stereo or mono.

• hi Jimmyno.

Thanks a lot man.

If I could use the FX8 in a regular way, I mean, pre and post effects, I would use maybe a eq in the KPA. Just it.

I will try the option you mentioned.

Thanks a lot man. Really apreciate it.

JJ

• That kind of connection should work for you.
    Instead of it, if you prefer having one more slot after the FX8 and/or don't want to use the monitor out for that (i mean, if you prefer having it usable for other connections, like a power amp and guitar cab, to enjoy the monitor out), you can place the Loop in the X slot and connect this way:

-Guitar--->FX8 IN 1
    -FX8 OUT1---KPA in
    -KPA direct out/send--->FX8 IN 2
    -FX OUT 2--->KPA return. Here you can go either stereo or mono.

• Hi Jimmyno

Man, it works. Amazing.

I used the second way you recommend and it works perfectlly. I mean, the loop in the first Effects slot. then I keep one extra slot for eq or whatever. Plus the reverb and Delay slots. I have to say that the effects of the KPA could be better. Sound digital and clamped to me. NO the sound is perfect. Tried with different amplifiers and stuff and sounds so great!!!

More than happy.

Really apreciate your help Jimmyno.

THanks a lot man.

JJ