[Issue] Multiple Profilers vs. Rig Manager Preview

• Hi, I've just upgraded my studio in Nepal with a second Profiler. And of course both are connected to our studio workstation via USB to facilitate Rig Management.

Sadly I've run into a pretty annoying flaw ... whenever I double click on a profile to preview, it will load on both Profilers. No way to decide which of the Profilers should receive the preview. This is terrible cause both profilers are used by different guitarists. Here's the scenario:

Guitarist 1 says: Give me a nice Mesa Boogie Mark IIc+ profile, medium gain on KPA1
    Me: Double click on a nice rig so it loads on his Profiler .... actually it loads on both.
    Guitarist 1 starts tweaking the rig to his liking, adding some effects already. Great, he's happy and busy with the detail work.
    Guitarist 2 says: Give me a nice clean TwoRock profile on KPA2
    Me: Double click on a nice TwoRock rig .... and POOOOOOF, the Mesa Boogie including all edits on KPA1 is gone. :(

Wow, I don't want to spend the day disconnecting and reconnecting USB cables from the back of my Profilers just to prevent previews from loading on the "wrong" machine.

So basically I request an option to select which connected Profiler should receive the preview (none, KPA1, KPA2, both). And please don't hide it inside a menu. This is something I need to use often and quick.

Hope my explanation is fine and you can confirm that this is a huge workflow issue (when running multiple Profilers). If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Wish this could get a (quick) solution.

Cheers
    Martin

• While waiting for a better solution to come, you might try with a cheap win 8 tablet or sth like that, to use a separated rig manager for the 2nd kemper... Not the best solution but it'll do the job in the meantime.

You might also try running 2 different rig managers at the same time (I don't think this would work, but why not try?), here they explain how to install and run multiple versions of a program, the trick is using different user accounts in windows: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/h…-same-program-on-your-pc/

Let us know how it works, if you try,

• We are currently considering possible solutions. It is not that easy to solve as it seems at a first glance.
    Running two Rig Managers simultaneously is not possible.

• Workaround:

Ask guitar player 1 to store the profile - so he/she can quickly revert back to the tweaked profile.

Can you see both profilers individually in the list to the left in RM?

Thanks, Michael. It's not about storing, it's about someone being in the process of tweaking while the other is still searching for his profile. But I think, Arne got the problem. :) Hope they'll find a nice solution.

• Interesting problem.!
    It seems that in the moment you need to use 2 Computer.
    The programm has to handle 2 certain USB ports and two identical USB driver.
    It's a tough nut which has to be cracked. :/

Good luck that it can be solved :)

• Shouldn't be rocket science although I do agree it won't be done by tomorrow. I can hookup plenty of USB drives of the same brand and model and they work properly using the same driver. Don't remember the last time I copied one file to one USB drive and it appeared on all, hehe. I'm quite sure there's some sort of unique ID that can be used to "speak" to the selected / desired unit.

Let's see, I don't have to get headaches now cause they already understood the flaw/issue. They have worked out more difficult stuff before ... always get reminded of that when I enjoy playing the Kemper. :)

• I'm quite sure there's some sort of unique ID that can be used to "speak" to the selected / desired unit.

Yep there is - but can be changed if you change your configuration (add a new device or unplug another device). This is done by win as far I know.
    But if it's solveable, Kemper will find a way when they have the time

• Interesting problem.!
    It seems that in the moment you need to use 2 Computer.
    The programm has to handle 2 certain USB ports and two identical USB driver.
    It's a tough nut which has to be cracked. :/

Good luck that it can be solved :)

Standard USB driver in Windows. I use Total Commander as Windows Explorer substitute. I can copy onto 2 USB pendrives plugged in different ports. No rocket science. Each USB device has its own ID. Seems to be doable :)

• Hang on ..isn't there an ABY USB switch thingy some where?.....
    Its worth sussing it out on Google.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sanoxy-…ter-Scanner/dp/B000I97N4O

I have 2 kempers also (2nd not hooked up yet waiting for my second mission cab)
    I was going to look into that first ..other wise its the IPAD or cheap tablet for me.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Yes, seems so!
    If the content of the Kempers are identical the switching time maybe will not be so long.

I do not know what times for synchronization has to be expected when the content is not identical.

Ash please keep us informed :)

• afaik Rig Manager isn't available for iOS or Android, correct me if I'm wrong. The USB switch might be a functional workaround until a proper solution is found (and done). Using separate computers for each Profiler doesn't sound attractive to me. Just makes Rig Management a hassle, imho. Some rigs on computer 1, some on computer 2. I'd rather stay in 1 Rig Manager for any given (reasonable) number of Profilers.

• Rig Manager (officially) supports ONE Profiler. You can attach multiple Profilers and it might work, at least partially. But that's nothing we recommend, test or support.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here