Searching for best profiles for "praise&worship"

• Hi!

I´m searching for the best/good profiles for praise&worship sounds. did anybody have good an advice maybe from rigmanager?
    I´m playing a Gretsch Powerjet and a Fender Strat and i´m looking for that typical sound from JC, Hillsong and Co. :saint:
    I think AC30 and matchless is maybe the right direction and of course the most of you would point on mbritts profiles but...

- which of his packs is maybe the right one... there are so many! ?(
    - And, can anybody recommend other choices?

Thx!

• I'd definitely recommend Mbritt, I use his exclusively in P&W. We play a lot of Bethel, Elevation Church, Hillsong, etc. I have been using his AC30 from profile pack 2 for everything. He calls it the Voice Ace30 6/TB. I took one of the profiles that had a little bit more gain and dialed it back a bit. It works great for that 'edge of breakup' sound everyone seems to want. I also was using a 65 Princeton from pack 1 but I don't think it is in there (I bought pack 1 way back when he first released it). There are a ton of profiles on the rig exchange that would work well though, the old standby Morgan AC20 is great as well, really sounds almost exactly like the real Morgan DAG15 I used to have before the Kemper. Bought the Kemper and I didn't need the amp anymore! Do you run a full pedalboard or do you use the built in effects from the Kemper? I also have his ACE30 pack which is a 65 Vox AC30. That one is a lot brighter and probably would probably work great with the Gretsch. I'd probably recommend profile pack 2 since I like that AC30 Top Boost. Since he primarily plays country, the tones are in a similar vein to what we would want in Praise and Worship. Hope you find what you are looking for!

• I'd definitely recommend Mbritt, I use his exclusively in P&W. We play a lot of Bethel, Elevation Church, Hillsong, etc. I have been using his AC30 from profile pack 2 for everything. He calls it the Voice Ace30 6/TB. I took one of the profiles that had a little bit more gain and dialed it back a bit. It works great for that 'edge of breakup' sound everyone seems to want. I also was using a 65 Princeton from pack 1 but I don't think it is in there (I bought pack 1 way back when he first released it). There are a ton of profiles on the rig exchange that would work well though, the old standby Morgan AC20 is great as well, really sounds almost exactly like the real Morgan DAG15 I used to have before the Kemper. Bought the Kemper and I didn't need the amp anymore! Do you run a full pedalboard or do you use the built in effects from the Kemper? I also have his ACE30 pack which is a 65 Vox AC30. That one is a lot brighter and probably would probably work great with the Gretsch. I'd probably recommend profile pack 2 since I like that AC30 Top Boost. Since he primarily plays country, the tones are in a similar vein to what we would want in Praise and Worship. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Thx a lot! Thats a good advice!
    Yes, of course im running a full pedalboard with Timeline, BigSky, OCD, MicroPOG, Walrus-Comp etc. in the Effektloop, but for smaller rehearsals i use only profiler+remote+dxr12.
    Atm I´m testing the new delays and halls if maybe they can replace the strymon stuff.
    So i need different performances with and without pedalboard at this time.
    Hope to find the perfect profile for that!

• Thx a lot! Thats a good advice!Yes, of course im running a full pedalboard with Timeline, BigSky, OCD, MicroPOG, Walrus-Comp etc. in the Effektloop, but for smaller rehearsals i use only profiler+remote+dxr12.
    Atm I´m testing the new delays and halls if maybe they can replace the strymon stuff.
    So i need different performances with and without pedalboard at this time.
    Hope to find the perfect profile for that!

I sold my whole pedalboard to be able to get my profiler, so I was basically forced to use all the built in effects. I have been doing that since 2013 when I purchased it. The only thing it didn't do for awhile was the pitch shifted delays like the timeline does. But now with the new delay settings you can do even more with the profiler than I remember being able to with my timeline. I am confident you could get away with the profiler + remote + dxr12 all the time, it would just take some getting used to.

For effects I use a comp in slot A, pureboost in slot B, green scream in slot C, Rat in slot D, then I use a pure boost in slot X, a .8th delay in the MOD slot, an always on delay in the Delay slot and a reverb with a bit of decay in the Reverb slot. I use the morph to be able to change the parameters on the delay and reverb based on the different parts of the song, ie I have a performance setup with Intro/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Swells. That way I can pretty much cover anything that needs to happen in a given song by going from one slot to another, then pressing the effects on/off on the remote to modify the sound further. I will also use a song specific performance if the song has something that my 'standard' performance doesn't have or if it needs to be a specific delay tempo, etc.

The one thing that you might not want to get rid of is the Bigsky - at least not right now. I'm sure that if Kemper does release a firmware update with new reverbs, they will be like the delays - which are stellar - and will compete with just about anything out there. The new delays are really awesome. The pitch crystals delay in their example settings is one that I use a lot for covering things that Droff from Hillsong does with tremolo picking, etc. (ie I the interlude part on 'What a Beautiful name where the reverb is turned all the way to 100%, I also use the pitch shifted delay and it sounds great). I believe he is using a timeline for that.

• Hi,

i use a Tom Anderson Drop Top and since the last days a Duesenberg Starplayer TV...
    With the Drop Top i have two "all time favorites". That is first the "EvilRobot philx" and second the "VOX Top Boost", both packs from TheAmpFactory.

Greets

• If you decided you wanted to try something different than a Vox AC30, what profiles would you use? I realize I am in the minority when it comes to P&W guitarists, who all seem to love the Vox sound, but I will say that I like other EL84 amps.

I'm a new user, I've purchased two MBritt Rig Packs (#2 & '69 Marshall) and I'm busy making performances for church sets.

Thinking I'll probably test out a few /13, Marshall, Z Wreck and Fender profiles for now.

• I use /13 profiles for my clean sound (change them out every now and again to get new flavours!)

I did use a matchless for my gain sounds- but I got the free Freidman Dirty Shirley MBritt profile- It's insane- great cut and useable drive!

I hardly ever set up performance per song as our worship leaders change songs quickly. I have a Bank of 'Basic Sounds'

1 Clean- stomps for .8 delay, tubescreamer, rotary and comp
    2 Dirty- stomps for .8 delay, boost, trem and comp
    3 Swells- stomp fordelay and autoswell
    4 Shimmer- stomp for delay
    5 Acoustic (for when i have my acoustic plugged in- I use an AER profile) Stomps for delay, comp, chorus and trem

Happy Kempering!

• I have an Output Level question. I typically use a couple Suhr Classic Antiquities into M Britt profiles, (Cal Texan, /13's, AC 15, Bogner Soul), Remote and Thru-Tone modded EB Jr. EX-S as Volume Pedal. (Great Pedal!!!)

I have been going direct with Left XLR to the board. (Using Westone AM Pro 30 IEM into ME-1 mixer similar to Avion as monitor) It seems as the Sound Board guys can't seem to get my levels right. This week I had to run the KPA Output Level at -20db plus push in the -12db soft button, so I guess I'm at -32db? Is that "too weak" to get a good guitar tone. What does everyone else do? Thanks

• I have an Output Level question. I typically use a couple Suhr Classic Antiquities into M Britt profiles, (Cal Texan, /13's, AC 15, Bogner Soul), Remote and Thru-Tone modded EB Jr. EX-S as Volume Pedal. (Great Pedal!!!)

I have been going direct with Left XLR to the board. (Using Westone AM Pro 30 IEM into ME-1 mixer similar to Avion as monitor) It seems as the Sound Board guys can't seem to get my levels right. This week I had to run the KPA Output Level at -20db plus push in the -12db soft button, so I guess I'm at -32db? Is that "too weak" to get a good guitar tone. What does everyone else do? Thanks

Kempmel, hello sir! I believe you have the wrong thread here. There is a search bar in the top right corner of the page. I've had awesome luck with finding old threads that answer most of my questions, one of which you pose. Also, there is a KPA Users Facebook page. It has recently seen your exact question discussed in-depth. While I am not an expert yet, having only owned a KPA for three days, I do know that most describe Kemper's direct output as quite hot. Many users have their Output level between -15 db to the level you describe. I would ask your sound engineers about the signal they are receiving. If you're getting good tone, you're getting good tone. Cheers!

The Kemper seems to output a 'hot' signal. I use -20db or so. Otherwise it is way too hot for the inputs on our sound board. I would start there and tweak it with your sound team to find out what works best. Different levels for different sound boards. Your sound guys probably want something that gives them some room on the fader (i.e., the signal you send let's them set the gain on your channel so they can leave their fader around 0db, this way they have the most control over the signal). But, as stated above, this really is a question for a different thread.

• If you decided you wanted to try something different than a Vox AC30, what profiles would you use? I realize I am in the minority when it comes to P&W guitarists, who all seem to love the Vox sound, but I will say that I like other EL84 amps.

I'm a new user, I've purchased two MBritt Rig Packs (#2 & '69 Marshall) and I'm busy making performances for church sets.

Thinking I'll probably test out a few /13, Marshall, Z Wreck and Fender profiles for now.

I really liked the Fender 65 Princeton that Mbritt had in his 1st or second pack, it works really well in a worship context and isn't Voxy. You might try something like that, he has quite a few 60's Fenderish amps in his profile packs that you could try.

• I really liked the Fender 65 Princeton...

@timdabel Thanks a bunch mate! I'll try that Princeton. I found, in one of my MBritt packs, a Ceriatone SRV profile. It's got a nice presence, a nice cut, and it's got that SRV jangle (not an el84 jangle). Still finding my way, being a new user, but the learning curve is almost over I think haha. It wasn't that bad. Glad I read the manuals before actually getting it.

The P&W director at my church borrowed a Kemper this past week for recording, upon my advice. He's a tube purist. Got a text from him, and all it said was "you were right about the kemper." Last I heard, he's ordering 3 for the church. I look forward to being able to just bring a USB stick, remote and guitar on Sundays haha.

• @timdabel Thanks a bunch mate! I'll try that Princeton. I found, in one of my MBritt packs, a Ceriatone SRV profile. It's got a nice presence, a nice cut, and it's got that SRV jangle (not an el84 jangle). Still finding my way, being a new user, but the learning curve is almost over I think haha. It wasn't that bad. Glad I read the manuals before actually getting it.
    The P&W director at my church borrowed a Kemper this past week for recording, upon my advice. He's a tube purist. Got a text from him, and all it said was "you were right about the kemper." Last I heard, he's ordering 3 for the church. I look forward to being able to just bring a USB stick, remote and guitar on Sundays haha.

No problem man. Yeah, the way I find profiles is I just step through profiles one by one and audition them. I went through every one of Mbritts profiles and tried them with my guitar til I found one that I liked. I was playing the '65 princeton profile (from pack 1 or 2 I can't remember, I think he renamed it to avoid potential copyright issues) and really liked that. I just decided to go Vox last year and have basically stuck with that.

As far as stuff for worship, since Michael plays country, the stuff he tends to profile is bang on for what we need, which is what I like. That is really awesome that your worship director bought 3 kempers too! Tube purist or not, the Kemper really sounds awesome. I haven't seem many people who hear the kemper say that it doesn't sound good. I was big on tubes before I got mine, but haven't looked back since, it is just so much easier to get consistent tone at a realistic volume.

I wish we had a budget for something like that for my other guitarist. He uses a POD HD500, which is ok, but I'd love him to have another kemper so I could just give him a profile and plug him in knowing he would sound awesome. Being able to show up to church with just a USB stick would be really awesome! I wish I had a second one for home and I could rack up on at church so I didn't have to bring it anywhere!

By the way, if you ever have any questions related to the Kemper and worship type stuff, I'd be happy to help. Just send me a message. I've been using it in that context for about 4 years, not that I'm any sort of expert, but you know, I have stumbled on things over the years. Glad you are enjoying yours!

• After spending too many hours auditioning profiles in a live setting, my go to profile for P&W is currently the Matchless BC6 in MBritt's pack 1. I mainly use a tele. That being said, there's a number of excellent MBritt profiles that also work depending on the flavour you're after. The Princeton is one I use as well.

• After spending too many hours auditioning profiles in a live setting, my go to profile for P&W is currently the Matchless BC6 in MBritt's pack 1. I mainly use a tele. That being said, there's a number of excellent MBritt profiles that also work depending on the flavour you're after. The Princeton is one I use as well.

Yeah, I went through the profiles and tried to audition them live but my team didn't really want to stand around and do that! In the end I just did it mostly at home on my studio monitors and tried to get a feel for how it sounds at church vs. there and pretty much picked the Princeton and the Vox as working the best. I terms of our band, the Vox works really well I think. I may try the matchless, but those tend to get pretty bassy (unless I EQ them) for my Gretsch. It might be worth a try for playing with my Reverend Double Agent though. I do try to stick with the same amp for consistency's sake (and simplicity's sake) even when I switch guitars. Sometimes I just get bored and want a different sound, that's why I went from Princeton to Vox. I do like that Matchless BC6 though. He has a lot of great stuff to play in those packs.

• @maverick4417 and @timdabel, thanks guys. Tim, I'll take you up on that convo invitation in the future for sure. I always have questions, but I find that I can usually find older threads that answer them. No one likes the guy that asks stupid questions that have been asked a million times haha.

Where are these MBritt Matchless BC6 and Fender '65 Princeton profiles? I have the MBritt Rig Pack 2, and I'm looking at several of the other packs right now, including Rig Exchange.

Perhaps I am blindly missing it, in which case I apologize!

I've really been enjoying the MBritt /13 JRT 915 Low-gain profiles in developing KPA Performances for church, to bring it back to the OP.