new speaker for my kemper

• hello all,

not been around much here of late, been very busy with projects.

Anyway a friend came over the other day with an EHX poweramp in a pedal. So of course I plugged my unpowered Kemper in. Sounded great. So I bought an ebay 100w stereo poweramp to try. Works very nicely. So with that in mind I dug out an old half built EV Thiele cab I had in the loft, finished it and covered it with matching Green Carbon fibre tolex to go with the Kemper. I put a 100w Peavey Black Widow speaker in which I had lying around and I've now got a cool little rig :D I just switch off the speaker part of the profile at the moment. Sounds great though.

Marcus

• Marcus, Your cab sounds great. I am also using a home built TL806 cab with an older EVM12L but my cab lacks the sparkle in the top end. Does anyone have suggestions for a supplemental Horn for the top frequencies? The cab handles the lows and mids well, it just needs help on the top end. I haven’t tested the upper range that needs help but it’s just a matter of connecting the speaker load to my scope to determine where to put the crossover knee. Thanks for any suggestions. Bob

• Hi thanks for the reply. Yes cab is off, but haven’t reloaded any of my profiles. I was trying different profiles that were already loaded on the replacement power rack. Even the Michael Britt and top Jimi profiles need a little more top end. Playing the same cab thru many different tube amps proves it’s not a speaker/cab issue. Although I only have a few hours on the Kemper, since the initial unit had a defective remote. I will reload my profiles (vibrolux, deluxe, Dumble copy #124) and try again. They sounded great on the first Kemper. Thanks Bob