Guitar cab or FRFR - and why?

• Thanks tritium.
    It is not that easy to find the speakers you suggested here in italy (i will check better anyway...).
    In case i will go for a yamaha dxr10 or laney X...
    They should not be coaxial based but should sound good..

Rcf, an italian company, makes good coaxial frfr speakers. Check out the rcf 12 nx sma if you can.

• Indeed, you can't go wrong with the Yammy DXR10. It get's a lot of love and praise, here on the KPA forum. Plus, with Yamaha, you get piece of mind of having the after-market service and support capabilities of a global company.

This. And they keep an excellent re-sale value, too.

• I would say FRFR with active monitors is a huge step up once you learn how to dial the tones. I played my Yamaha DXRs for some years. However my band switched to IEM recently and i will never go back. Combined with a X32 mixer that provides each band member with an individual stereo mix this is just an incredibly satisfying way of playing music.

That is my setup as well. When I guest play with other bands, I bring along one of my DSR112 tops as a monitor, but my main band plays with all IEM's off of an X32. Hard to imagine going back ;)

• I use a stereo active FRFR cab from Blueamps called "SPARK".
    2×10" Speaker + 2 Neodym Tweeter + Bass Reflex Port..
    I started with an Egnater 1x12" guitar cab and a Rocktron Velocity 300. Sounds usual.
    To use the full Kempers functionality, I switched to FRFR.
    To play stereo I first played with 2 Yamaha DXR10. This was firstly too much towing.
    2. Was the sound something sterile.
    With the Spark I finally arrived! From powerful AC / DC sound to stereo Pink Floyd sounds.
    Everything sounds just cool! Also the acoustic guitar sounds with an acoustic amplifier profile totally well over the spark.
    I can only recommend! Contact Marco from BlueAmps! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• But I think it is simply a single, 12" guitar speaker. Now, perhaps the speaker is relatively "flat" compared to a normal / traditional guitar speaker, but it certainly isn't going to leverage the full advantage of the KPA's cabinet profiles.
    [...]

I'm afraid the above assumptions are all wrong or inaccurate at best, as you can see from the specs.
    It's definitely not a single speaker guitar cab and cab sims must be on.

At the end of the day, if it sounds good, it is good.

Amen. :)
    The best advice I have for @gfex79 is to try a couple of cabs, before deciding which one to get.
    I'm personally very happy with the Red Sound (and I'm in very good company), but what sounds good to my ears may sound bad to others.

• Hi
    This speaker looks really nice. I visited the marco's website...they have different good stuff. Is this cab good both with bedroom volumes and loud enough for small gigs and rehearsals?

Edited once, last by gfex79 ().

• HiThis speaker looks really nice. I visited the marco's website...they have different good stuff. Is this cab good both with bedroom volumes and loud enough for small gigs and rehearsals?

Hi,
    I ordered the SPARK with a Volume Knob. So I can play at home with "bedroom volumes" :)
    The 2x 180 watts RMS (2x 360 watts max) are really loud enough for rehearshals and also small gigs in music clubs.
    We played in a music club with about 50 listeners. The SPARK still had enough reserves
    In an open air concert I used the SPARK as a monitor on stage. With the Mains out I go to the FOH!
    :thumbup:

Last Exit Rockband

• Thanks for the explanation. It is really an interesting cab. I think it is similar to the Italian red sound.... being Italian it should be easier to try it

Marco from BlueAmps told me that the Italien red sound cab is more GFR not really FRFR. :D

Last Exit Rockband

• There is local cab maker in my country ( Indonesia) who began to Produce FRFR cabinet , they call it russel Bima FRFR cab from Doogiefx, and the price tag is so much friendly ( around $150) , and now my tone chase are over , I'm satiesfies how this cab cooperate with my Kemper on any variation of frequency
    The bottom line is ,if you want a traditional cab looks but you want very detail kind of sound , you should look forward for FRFR cab, you can't go wrong with it

• There is local cab maker in my country ( Indonesia) who began to Produce FRFR cabinet , they call it russel Bima FRFR cab from Doogiefx, and the price tag is so much friendly ( around $150) , and now my tone chase are over , I'm satiesfies how this cab cooperate with my Kemper on any variation of frequency
    The bottom line is ,if you want a traditional cab looks but you want very detail kind of sound , you should look forward for FRFR cab, you can't go wrong with it

Thanks Ipran.
    that cab looks really nice! how does it sound? is it completely FRFR? does it play well also at bedroom level? is it also loud? thanks

• Surfing on the web I found a second hand yammy dxr10 at a good price....considering all the praises it got here I think I 'll go for it. I have just a small doubt (another one ) ....I read that it does not sound too well at low volumes (the famous bedroom level..)....is it right? Thanks

• Thanks Smegal.
    According to your experience are there substantial tone changes with the DXR10 when played at low volumes if compared with loud gigs? do you generally EQ the rigs differently according to the volume you use?

Edited once, last by gfex79 ().