Rig Manager - Performance WHY!!!

• Hello!

So i don't know why it keeps doing this and i won't lie its driving me INSANE! I am trying to set up a performance and since I'm still new at this I've just made one performance which has a Rhythm patch and a lead patch.

But this keeps happening.. 1. is my rhythm and 2 is my delay BUT on my profiler and remote its switched! So when i click on one its actually delay and the other Rhythm

Why does it keep doing that? i just don't get it

• Here's a secret, nobody understands Rig Manager. We just try getting it to work correctly and hope for the best.

Can you clarify what you're having issues with? Your second paragraph is really confusing.

• I know this may not be the answer you are looking for...but have your tried setting up your Performance mode directly on the KPA, without using the Rig Manager. I realize that may not be ideal, and may take a bit longer, but it should alleviate this strange bug / unexpected behavior.

• While I have experienced some anomolies, I still use Rig Manager to create my base performances with generally no issues - and the anomolies I have experienced in the past seem to have been addressed. Generally, peeps seem to have to come up with a workflow that works for them and stick with it. I would look at first, your workflow and see if what you are doing can be demonstratably repeated. If it can, contact support with the usual: backup, specs on your computer, etc. Then, look at using a different workflow.

Generally I have found that what works for me is to have two windows open in Rig Manager, one for the performance and one for the folder(s) that has the rigs I want to put into that performance. Create a new performance, name it, drag and drop the rigs onto the specific slots, and most importantly, DON'T do anything else - any other editing do on the Kemper itself. That usually works for me. If I go back and try to change the rigs, drag them into different order, etc. that is when I have often had problems.

• RigManager was and is still the worst, the Kemper team ever developped.
    If you want to be on the save side, don't use it.
    Do all your changes directly in the Kemper.

that's BS. i know you like to vent about Rig Manager but performances aside, Rig Manager is totally fine and save.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• that's BS. i know you like to vent about Rig Manager but performances aside, Rig Manager is totally fine and save.

Ah here.... You get error messages on the Kemper if you turn the KPA on before you open rig manager telling you to contact support. If you turn off the Kemper before you close rig manager, rig manager crashes. Rig manager has to be open when you add a rig as a favorite or it won't recognize that rig as a favorite. There are countless threads on weird behavior when editing with rig manager.

Safe it may well be but "totally fine" it most certainly is not.

• Ah here.... You get error messages on the Kemper if you turn the KPA on before you open rig manager telling you to contact support. If you turn off the Kemper before you close rig manager, rig manager crashes. Rig manager has to be open when you add a rig as a favorite or it won't recognize that rig as a favorite. There are countless threads on weird behavior when editing with rig manager.

Safe it may well be but "totally fine" it most certainly is not.

just tried that and it works fine here. no crashes, no problem. but please contact support, i'm sure we can help you out. as for the favorite rigs, you're right, that's on the list. but to me that doesn't qualify an an example for "if you want to be on the save side, don't use it". and as for the countless threads, most users who have approached us with a problem had a problem we can solve with them. i'm not saying that everything is perfect but at the same time, it isn't that bad at all.

so again: is somebody has an issue: contact us by email.. we will help you. that's far more productive then saying nothing works and feeling annoyed.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• that's BS. i know you like to vent about Rig Manager but performances aside, Rig Manager is totally fine and save.

It's not.
    I understand that you don't want to hear that kind of criticism here in this forum.
    But the truth is the truth.
    RigManager causes problems. The forum is full of messages about that.
    Don't project your anger onto me, it's not my fault that your software is not perfect!

Edited once, last by music ().

• i agree, that it is the worst / buggies guitar gear Kemper made - but for me, it is still very much usable - at least aside from the performance management.
    If it is not bad, but the worst thing Kemper made, this very much speaks for Kemper ;)
    I hope and am sure, this will be addressed soon. There are more and more people reporting issues, so it is for sure not ignored.

• i agree, that it is the worst / buggies guitar gear Kemper made - but for me, it is still very much usable - at least aside from the performance management.
    If it is not bad, but the worst thing Kemper made, this very much speaks for Kemper ;)
    I hope and am sure, this will be addressed soon. There are more and more people reporting issues, so it is for sure not ignored.

Yes, it is usable.
    And yes, the Kemper speaks for itself.
    (thats what we say in Germany)
    Hopefully the software will reach the level of the Toaster!

• Still it happened for me sometimes (very seldom) that the Rig Manager crashes when I switch off the KPA before RM. Since one of the last Versions this issue is almost gone.

I thinks it is nonsense to state that the RM is the worst that Kemper ever had developed.

I have many wishes to increase the functionality of RM but I would not be able to work with the KPA as I am able now, if I would not have it.

I hope for further improvements but I'm lucky to have a tool like that.

Edited once, last by Sharry: Ortho.. ().

• I use Rig Manager for setting up my Performances and I don't have any real problems with it, either.
    Totally agree with @Sharry, any developments with RM will be gratefully received but as it is I find it to be an extremely useful tool.
    :)

• just tried that and it works fine here. no crashes, no problem. but please contact support, i'm sure we can help you out. as for the favorite rigs, you're right, that's on the list. but to me that doesn't qualify an an example for "if you want to be on the save side, don't use it". and as for the countless threads, most users who have approached us with a problem had a problem we can solve with them. i'm not saying that everything is perfect but at the same time, it isn't that bad at all.
    so again: is somebody has an issue: contact us by email.. we will help you. that's far more productive then saying nothing works and feeling annoyed

Hey G String and all others,

from my perspektive the software us buggy, no doubt. How to handle our experience? Thats what this forum is about, or am i wrong?

We can post emails to Kemper for sure, but first we use your forum to find out in the community if this is maybe our own problem caused by issues kemper cannot solve. Eg. Windows probs...etc. and maybe get some help.

on the other hand Kemper can take for example this topic, leave a message in the thread that kemper will analyse and then post when your done. That would be productive as well.

Best regards
    Hudi

• Its better than nothing ( like the missed editor)

• The only thing I use RM for when editing performance mode is to drag performances to different locations when we change the order of our set, nothing else. To risky to do anything else with it. Completely messes everything up.

I do all my main editing in the KPA

• I thinks it is nonsense to state that the RM is the worst that Kemper ever had developed.

If I order the things Kemper developed from "good" to "not so good", my personal list is:
    Kemper, Remote, Bag, Switch, RM
    -> Thus, RM is the worst. Does not mean it is bad, but the least good: worst
    ;)

• Just one short remark. :!:
    It's legal to report troubles and wishes for development.
    But its not a good discussion style to make a general derogatory statement against a product.,
    This surely will not help to improve. ;)
    My 5 cents!