Rig Manager - Performance WHY!!!

• I can reproduce it, so this version of the problem should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting!

• BUT, as soon as I do that, Rig Manager in it's infinite "wisdom" decides to automatically rename slot #1 and slot #1's amp name to whatever slot #2 was changed to when I dropped the new rig in it.

This is a bug that was fixed for some 5.x version. It happened in the Profiler, not in Rig Manager.

I've also found that unless I specifically double-click on another rig after making changes to a rig while in Rig Manager, nothing saves.

You're mixing up the different modus operandi. Please read the manual about it. The "preview" function of a rig "loads" a rig into the currently loaded buffer, but when you're manipulating performances, it always applies to the performances that are "stored". And selecting "Preview Rig" will also disconnect you from the stored performances, it protects you from destroying something by error.

• This is a bug that was fixed for some 5.x version. It happened in the Profiler, not in Rig Manager.

You're mixing up the different modus operandi. Please read the manual about it. The "preview" function of a rig "loads" a rig into the currently loaded buffer, but when you're manipulating performances, it always applies to the performances that are "stored". And selecting "Preview Rig" will also disconnect you from the stored performances, it protects you from destroying something by error.

Isn't it possible to built in buttons into RigManager?
    And with these buttons we could decide if something happens in the Profiler, f.e. a rig is stored, a performance is stored,...
    And as long we don't push any button, no changes are stored in the Profiler!