FRFR Cabinet

• Cool, I got my info straight from Andy's mouth, who is a very nice, helpful, knowledgeable guy. No bad press.

• The reason i can get on my high horse (my horse is always high as he eats grass)
    The real reason is because i have compared cabs that are STEREO/MONO

Seriously, i cant find any reference to that expensive 4X12 cab being STEREO.
    Now i have played the mission cab which may be 2X12 (i am ordering another to get a 4X12 sound)
    The Mission cab wins - STEREO MY FRIENDS MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

Dam it ill keep posting this until some one listens.
    Do me a favor so i can shut up already, and try STEREO first.

You have a kemper there which with the new delays and merged cabs is KILLER in Stereo.

I cant find a better cab that serves the kemper for this purpose ATM
    Ok granted 2 CLR wedges will do STEREO, fair enough.

Seems like such a waste of a kemper to play it in mono.
    And you guys wonder why i turn to beer :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Stereo effects sound great onstage, when you have plenty of space between cabinets. But, there are some "real world" limitations.

If the guitar is in the FOH mix, the FOH may be mono, so it won't sound the same ( and there may be phase cancellation of the effects). If FOH is stereo, the guitar would have to be placed in the center of the mix for the effects to sound the same, and the audience would also need to be between the two speakers.

And, if you are a stage volume band, the stereo effect will disappear offstage.

• Also read a thread on here where someone used a Line6 Firehawk 1500 as an FRFR by bypassing the modeling part and using it as just a powered box. 1500W stereo sounds insane on paper, but I don't recall reading any real input on his setup other than he liked it.

• Stereo effects sound great onstage, when you have plenty of space between cabinets. But, there are some "real world" limitations.

If the guitar is in the FOH mix, the FOH may be mono, so it won't sound the same ( and there may be phase cancellation of the effects). If FOH is stereo, the guitar would have to be placed in the center of the mix for the effects to sound the same, and the audience would also need to be between the two speakers.

And, if you are a stage volume band, the stereo effect will disappear offstage.

I run stereo to my in ear monitors as I find the stereo effects in my ears make playing a whole heap of fun. However, I often run just one XLR to the FOH man for the very reasons you state. But my FRFR cab is mono and if I'm not using IEMs, I'm entirely happy with it.

I only have to stand in the audience during one of the other bands to know that the subtleties of my stereo effects will be lost to the audience. I guess if we had our own FOH engineer I might be able to get away with it but until then.....

• Agreed about the stereo effect getting lost on an audience, but it's also worth noting that having stereo in your own personal space might be more enjoyable and inspire creativity on your part, which is the point, no?

• Dont forget playing at home (practice etc) feels better in stereo, i write more music because of "tone"
    I guess i just wish more could try the mission stereo cab, but sadly its impossible , its not at store sadly.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.