That Rig Show #11 - Michael Britt Rig Pack walkthrough

• This guy does regular reviews of commercial profiles and has just done one of the MBritt free with rig manager update

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey, that's me! :) Funny thing is when I restarted my channel I considered calling it That Guitar Show... go figure. :P Anyways, like those Mbritt profiles very much but I usually have to increase the treble a bit for both humbuckers and singlecoils. Guess it's all a matter of taste there.

• Hi my good man. Thanks for doing these. I got a lot of inspiration from the first video you did on tone. Many thanks for that. I am sure this will help me in some way as well. Take care up there. Lindsay :thumbup:

• @Hellpig do you think having to increase the treble may be a volume thing? I assume you're not playing at gig volume there in the recording. Do you find that true if using the profiles with a band? I generally cut the bass slightly with my tele but that's about it when playing live. I do add a bit of treble too when playing at home through my monitor speakers though.

• @Hellpig do you think having to increase the treble may be a volume thing? I assume you're not playing at gig volume there in the recording. Do you find that true if using the profiles with a band? I generally cut the bass slightly with my tele but that's about it when playing live. I do add a bit of treble too when playing at home through my monitor speakers though.

Well, as said it's all about personal preferences I guess but with that said - I quite often use Mbritts Belchy Bomb profile when playing/rehearsing with the band (and yes, I quite often use ONE profile for the whole session...). I have it permanently modified by some decrease in bass and some increase in treble and middle - don't have the exact numbers here right now. Then I modify it slighty more depnding on what guitar I use but I never run as it comes.

• Late to the party... I bought a house a few months ago and been very busy remodeling and getting settled in while working way too many hours.
    Just got around to getting my studio room set up, updating rig manager, and my Kemper.
    These are fantastic. Sound just fine with my LesPaul , which I think has bright humbuckers anyway, also sounds great with my Mean 90's
    I have only purchased a couple of Britts amp packs, but they set in a mix so well. I went straight for these as soon as I updated RM. I knew they would be good, but even I didn't think they all would be good.
    Thank you Michael and Kemper team!

• doing a few quick adjustments on the EQ is the most normal thing after plugging into an amp. I don't find it surprising at all that the same is true for Profiles of amps.

I'm sorry but that analogy doesn't quite sit with me. Unless all amps come out of the box with the users perfect settings already dialled in then of course you're going to have to twist knobs from the neutral 12 o'clock position. Through the profiling process this should have been already done so it's not the same. If the guy/gal profiling knows what he/she is doing, and if the replication of the mic' d up amp by the profiler is accurate (two big ifs) then things should be dandy. I see messing with the eq as a way of adjusting for guitar type, as a last resort after changing the amp settings. Any significant changes of eq starts getting me worried, maybe because I'm a bit obsessive!

Edited once, last by MCVA444 ().

• I'm sorry but that analogy doesn't quite sit with me. Unless all amps come out of the box with the users perfect settings already dialled in then of course you're going to have to twist knobs from the neutral 12 o'clock position. Through the profiling process this should have been already done so it's not the same. If the guy profiling knows what he/she is doing, and if the replication of the mic' d up amp by the profiler is accurate (two big ifs) then things should be dandy. I see messing with the eq as a way of adjusting for guitar type, as a last resort after changing the amp settings. Any significant changes of eq starts getting me worried, maybe because I'm a bit obsessive!

And are you sure that you and the person that made the Profile have the same taste in tone, and that you're using the tone in the same context, style and physical space? One patch that sounds great at home or on one stage, (or song,) needs a eq fix in another.
    The knobs are there to be dialed! :)
    I do know what you mean though, sometimes I have to force myself to do just that, turn those knobs! Even though it may be the most perfect amp, it's still an amp. Why don't we want to adjust main EQ? lol

• doing a few quick adjustments on the EQ is the most normal thing.....

Any significant changes of eq starts getting me worried.....

2 different things I think.
    Personally, I don't tweak much when I'm trying profiles in my room, but when playing out I have in the past had to roll off the highs or raise the mids.... Some glaring weakness that I didn't discern while playing alone. These profiles though, I have not had that problem